This is a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% mine.
Fish tacos are a classic taste of summer, and a meal I would happily eat several times a week. But preparing, breading, and frying fish is time-consuming, messy (so many dishes!) and, to be honest, it can be a bit stressful. Luckily, this fish taco recipe eliminates all the worry and all the work, thanks to Gorton’s Crunchy Breaded Fish Fillets.
These perfectly-golden, crispy fish fillets make it super easy to enjoy delicious fish tacos anytime the mood strikes. They go from package to plate in just 7 minutes, totally mess-free and stress-free!
3 Reasons You’ll Love This Fish Taco Recipe
#1. The taste is amazing! Gorton’s Crunchy Breaded Fish Fillets are made exclusively with wild-caught white fish. And the classic crunchy breadcrumb coating provides the perfect crispy contrast to the tender, flaky fish. And the homemade pico sauce is bursting with bright, tangy flavors that makes this fish taco recipe truly crave-worthy.
#2. Make ’em to order. Fish tacos for one? No problem! Gorton’s cleverly designed resealable bag lets you use as many (or as few) of the fillets as you need, and safely keeps the rest nice and fresh.
#3. It’s easily customizable. Use corn tortillas instead of flour. If you like your tacos spicy, top them with your favorite hot sauce. For a more coastal vibe, layer in some zesty cabbage slaw. Or, you can really mix things up and swap out the fish fillets for Gorton’s Popcorn Shrimp — the possibilities are endless!
What is Pico Sauce?
Pico sauce, or Pico de gallo, consists of chopped tomato, onion, cilantro, fresh Serrano peppers (jalapeños or habaneros can also be used), salt, and lime juice. Because the colors of the red tomato, white onion, green chili and cilantro match the Mexican flag, it is also referred to as salsa bandera (flag sauce). And since pico sauce contains less liquid than other traditional Mexican sauces, it is a main ingredient in dishes such as fajitas and tacos.
Making pico sauce is quick and easy! In a bowl, combine diced tomatoes, onion, chilies, cilantro, and lime juice. Then toss the ingredients together, and season to taste with salt. Either serve immediately, or store it for up to 3 days in a sealed container inside the refrigerator.
How To Make This Fish Taco Recipe
Prepare the Gorton’s Crunchy Breaded Fish Fillets according to the directions on package.
Meanwhile, prepare the pico sauce and warm the tortillas.
Once the fish fillets are cooked (make sure they reach an internal temperature of at least 145°F), place them on tortillas, and top with pico.
Then top with sliced avocado, fresh cilantro, and a squeeze of lime.
Serve and enjoy!
- 8 Gorton's® Crunchy Breaded Fish Fillets
- 8 flour tortillas
- 3 cups ripe tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup white onion, finely diced
- 1 to 2 serrano or jalapeño chilies, finely diced (seeds and membranes removed)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Prepare Gorton's Crunchy Breaded Fish Fillets according to the directions on package.
- Make pico sauce by combining diced tomatoes, onion, chilies, cilantro, and lime juice in a bowl. Toss all ingredients together, and season to taste with salt.
- Once the fish fillets are cooked (make sure they reach an internal temperature of at least 145°F), place them on tortillas, and add the pico sauce.
- Top with sliced avocado, fresh cilantro, and a squeeze of lime.
- Serve and enjoy!
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Layered Pumpkin Cake with Pumpkin Ganache Filling - 2019/09/06
- Pumpkin Lasagna – Pumpkin Dessert Recipes - 2019/09/04
- Pumpkin Poke Cake Recipe – Best Pumpkin Spice Dessert Recipe - 2019/08/24