Easy Gluten Free Recipes Are Here!
Hey there! I’m Lisa, an all-new recipe contributor here at All She Cooks! You can also find me blogging over at The Helpmates with my good friend Cara.
Gluten Free Chicken Recipes
I found out about a year ago that I’m allergic to gluten, which really wasn’t too bad of a dietary shift for me to make, because I can still make gluten free versions of food I love, like sugar cookies, breakfast casserole, and shrimp dip.
Except for the fact that I love Chinese restaurants.
Seriously, I can’t get enough beef & broccoli and fried rice. Unfortunately, most brands of soy sauce have gluten in them, but if you get La Choy brand, it’s gloriously gluten free! Make this recipe with beef or as-is with chicken, and it will quickly become one of those gluten free chicken recipes you can’t live without, like Sweet and Sour Chicken and Teriyaki Chicken.
So, here’s my gluten free chicken fried rice recipe that helps get me through those tough take-out cravings! An added bonus to this recipe is that it can be made with any meat you want and whatever vegetables (fresh or frozen) that you happen to have on hand.
Gluten Free Chicken Recipes, Dinner Made Easy
First, you’ll need to cook the rice. It’s best if you use rice that’s a day or two old, but I don’t always have time to make it before hand. So I usually end up cooking minute rice on the stove. You’ll need 4 cups of rice.
Then chop up 2 large chicken breasts and add them to a large skillet with 1-2 tablespoons of oil and a few drops of soy sauce. After the chicken has cooked for a few minutes, add in 6-8 chopped green onions and 2 cloves of chopped garlic.
While that’s cooking, whisk together 2 eggs, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, and 2 teaspoons sesame seed oil. Swirl the eggs around in a hot skillet until cooked, the remove from skillet and chop into pieces, and set them aside.
Now that your chicken & onions are fully cooked, add in vegetables of your choice. I usually add in 1 1/2 cups frozen broccoli and 1 cup frozen corn. Cook until the vegetables are hot. Add in your rice & stir well.
Now add in 3 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce, 2 tablespoons rice wine, and the chopped eggs. Stir until the soy sauce is mixed well. If you’re feeling adventurous, add in some bacon bits, and serve!
Making Gluten Free dinner recipes doesn’t have to be complicated, and easy gluten free recipes that taste good are so worth it.
Want to find more quick gluten free recipes? Gluten-Free Recipes in 30 Minutes is a great resource:
Gluten Free Chicken Fried Rice
Gluten Free Chicken Fried Rice, Author Lisa from the Helpmates
- Yield: 4-5
- Cook rice.
- Chop up 2 large chicken breasts and add them to a large skillet with 2 tablespoons cooking oil and a few drops of soy sauce.
- After the chicken has cooked for a few minutes, add in 6-8 chopped green onions and 2 cloves of chopped garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Whisk together 2 eggs, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, and 2 teaspoons sesame seed oil. Swirl the eggs around in a hot skillet until cooked, the remove from skillet and chop into pieces, and set them aside.
- Add vegetables to chicken mixture & cook until the vegetables are hot.
- Add in rice & stir well.
- Add in 3 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce, 2 tablespoons rice wine, eggs, and optional bacon bits. Stir until the soy sauce is mixed well.