Looking for a boneless chicken dinner? If so you have to try out this ginger lime chicken that is perfect served over a bed of rice or even mashed potatoes. This lime ginger chicken is a great weeknight dinner.
The lime really enhances the flavor of the chicken and offers a nice tenderizer for juicy tender chicken. This dinner idea is great for the whole family or when you go to entertain guests.
Give this Dorito chicken casserole a try, or my marinated baked chicken. These are both simple dishes that use chicken as the protein.
This Ginger Lime Chicken Is...
- Simple Prep
- Minimal Ingredients
- Easy Dinner Idea
- Family Friendly Recipe
How to Make Ginger Lime Chicken
Full steps are featured below along with measurements. This is a quick walk through on how to make the chicken.
- Mix up the marinade, in a bowl.
- Place chicken and marinade in a sealed bag. Massage and then refrigerate.
- Preheat the oven and place chicken on a prepared pan.
- Cook as directed until the chicken is done.
Tools For Success For Ginger Lime Chicken
You can use a rimmed cookie sheet or a casserole baking pan. Either will work just make sure it has edges to catch any juices that run off the chicken.
Make sure to use a meat thermometer. This will make sure the chicken is fully cooked all the way through. Place the thermometer in the center of the chicken and make sure it reads 165 degrees F.
Use a lime zester for scraping off the zest on the lime.
Helpful Tips For Success
When you zest the lime make sure to zest only the green portion of the lime. If you zest the white portion it will create a sour or tart flavor.
I use a zester or grater for the ginger as well. Make sure to cut off or peel the skin of the ginger before you grate it.
Variation To Ginger Lime Chicken
If you don't have fresh ginger on hand you can use ½ teaspoon of ground ginger in the marinade instead. It will offer a similar flavor, it just won't be as vibrant.
Feel free to reach for chicken breasts that are skinless. Or you could even use tenderloins that have been prepped. Adjust the cook time for the chicken as needed depending on how thick or thin the chicken is.
Another great oil to help add flavor to the chicken is avocado oil instead of olive oil. Feel free to swap it out and cook the same as you would with olive oil.
Ginger Lime Chicken FAQs
What does lime juice do to chicken?
The acidity in lime juice can help break down the proteins in chicken, making it more tender. Also the lime juice has a bright, acidic flavor that can complement the natural flavor of chicken.
How long does leftover chicken last in the fridge?
Leftover chicken can last in the fridge for up to four days if it has been stored properly. To ensure the chicken stays safe to eat, it should be stored in an airtight container or wrapped tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
Can I double the recipe?
Yes, you are more than welcome to double this baked chicken. Just make sure the chicken is in a single layer in the baking dish. This will ensure the chicken cooks evenly.
Ginger Lime Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 limes juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Place chicken thighs into a large ziplock bag, set aside
- In a small bowl, stir together the lime juice, zest, olive oil, grated ginger, soy sauce, brown sugar, salt and garlic
- Pour the mixture over the chicken thighs.
- Seal tight, and place in fridge for at least 30 minutes (up to two hours)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and place into a lightly greased roasting pan
- Cook the chicken for 15-20 minutes, or until the internal temperature is at least 165 F
- Garnish with slices of lime, serve and enjoy.
Leave a Comment