Cleaning a Waffle Maker
Cleaning a waffle maker can be harder than you think. When we purchased our Belgian Waffle maker a while back, I knew we would use it ALL the time. And we do. So, it was important to learn how to clean a waffle maker. The right way.
Easy Homemade Waffle Recipes
Because when you don’t have to worry about struggling to clean your waffle maker, you have more time for other things.
Like you concentrating on making our Make Ahead Waffle Mix recipe or one of our favorite waffle recipes. My faves to whip up are Very Berry Chocolate Chip Waffles and Best Chocolate Chocolate Waffles. They’re so easy to make that I can multitask and clean the refrigerator while I’m making a batch of amazing waffles.
Here are a few cleaning tips for your waffle maker that I wish I would have known when I first bought our waffle maker.
Here are a couple simple tips to ensure you never have a dirty waffle maker again, but even with these tips, the next waffle iron I buy is going to be a Belgian Waffle maker. Removable plates will be a must have on my new Belgian Waffle maker. And yes, the waffle maker removable plates are also means dish-washer safe–which is code for my life will get easier.
Check Out My Dream Waffle Maker
There are so many different waffle makers on the market, but if you can find a waffle maker with square waffle maker removable plates, like the waffle maker I have my eyes on, you’ve hit the jackpot. You’ll be able to make more than one waffle at a time, and have an easier cleanup!
And easier cleanup is just about the most important factor in keeping a clean home. That’s why I love finding, using and sharing great tips on all types of easy cleaning. Cleaning vinegar that I use for a ton of things around the house, tips on cleaning as you go–including cleaning the shower while in it (multitask baby!)–and even cleaning hacks and cleaning with liquor.
Cleaning a Waffle Maker
Tips to Keep Waffle Iron Clean
- DO NOT use cooking spray on a non-stick waffle maker. Big mistake. It results in cooking spray residue. Hello… did you know that the instructions that come with the waffle maker actually say that you are not supposed to use cooking spray? What to do instead? Get a stick of margarine and coat the top and bottom before each waffle. Save yourself the pain of causing build up on your waffle maker!
- Steam clean with a paper towel- yes, you read that right. When you are finished making waffles, simply turn off your waffle maker and insert a couple very damp paper towels into the waffle maker and let the steam cleaning begin. Let sit for a couple of minutes.
- Repeat if needed and/or use the paper towel to get in the crevices if a small amount as stuck on. Chocolate chips are notorious for sticking behind on a waffle maker, and while we’ve made a lot of Chocolate Chocolate Waffles… the thing still needs to get clean.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Peach Pie Recipe – An Easy and Delicious Dessert - 2019/10/12
- Crustless Pizza Recipe – Low Carb Slow Cooker Recipe - 2019/10/12
- Slow Cooker Tamales Recipe - 2019/10/11