Take a bite, and you will know why we call these the Best Chocolate Chocolate Waffles.
Ready for the best chocolate waffles? We love to make waffles from our Make Ahead Waffle Mix, but we also LOVE the recipe we’ve come up with for the Best Chocolate Chocolate Waffles–yum!!
We’ve been whipping up all kinds of waffles in our new waffle maker with removable plates, but some of our favorites are Very Berry Waffles and Mint Chip Waffles. And yes, every now and then we deviate into other breakfast foods like our pumpkin or carrot pancakes–but, waffles. Waffles are a household favorite.
These chocolate waffles are melt in your mouth delicious. My daughter said they were the best waffles she had ever had, and since they look more like a dessert… you can see why. However, while these waffles look super duper sweet, there isn’t a ton of sugar. Unless you douse them in Hot Peanut Butter Fudge Sauce like we did.
If you’re looking for a breakfast that could pass for a dessert, then you’ve come to the right place. This chocolaty delight is fabulous with strawberries and whipped cream. The chocolate waffles are loaded with goodness, a healthy kick of bananas, and some sweet chocolate chips.
Melt in your mouth perfection.Print
Best Chocolate Waffles
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 bananas, mashed (or squished in a Ziploc bag if your kids prefer)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups buttermilk (we use 2 teaspoons of vinegar and fill the rest of the 2 cups up with 2% milk)
- 3/4 mini chocolate chips, optional
- Combine all ingredients and stir together. Do not over-stir!
- Cook in a waffle iron according to waffle iron directions. Top with your choice of tasty goodies–we prefer strawberries, chocolate sauce, and whipped cream.
You May Also Like:
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Hazelnut Cheesecake Layered Icebox Cake - 2017/05/29
- Grilled Pork Pineapple Kabobs - 2017/05/28
- Confetti Cupcakes with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting - 2017/05/26