Whip up this Easy Marinated Baked Chicken for dinner tonight. These delicious and juicy chicken breasts are marinated and then baked in the oven.
Table of contents
- How to Make Easy Marinated Baked Chicken
- Tips and Tricks
- Easy Marinated Baked Chicken FAQs
If you want a simple no fuss chicken recipe, this recipe is a great option. You can also use this baked chicken as a freezer meal for a quick and easy throw-together dinner.
Other tasty freezer meals include this warm and cozy Ham and Potatoes Casserole or this tasty Vegetarian Chili. Want to have a classy freezer dinner? Try these Pesto Lasagna Roll-ups (one of my favorites). And if you're looking for an easy freezer breakfast, make your own variation of these Garden Vegetable Freezer Burritos.
This Marinated Baked Chicken Is...
- Made with homemade marinade
- An easy way to bake chicken
- A freezer meal
- A morning-prep evening-bake meal
- A family-friendly recipe
- Great with all cuts of chicken
Get the latest scoop on all the recipes I'm whipping up in the kitchen by following along with All She Cooks on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. Also, don't forget to join my Facebook Group where you can share your favorite blogger recipes: Easy & Delicious Recipes.
How to Make Easy Marinated Baked Chicken
- Grease your pan and then set it aside.
- In a bowl, mix together liquid ingredients for the marinade.
- Place the brown sugar in a bowl and heat until it is melted, then mix with oil mixture. Add in garlic and seasonings.
- Pour marinade mixture over the chicken, cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to overnight.
- Preheat your oven, then bake, flipping the chicken once.
- Once the chicken reaches proper internal temperature, serve.
The full instructions for this marinated chicken is in the recipe card below.
Tips and Tricks
Any cut of chicken
Any cut of chicken will work for this recipe. But remember—whether you use boneless or bone-in—make sure to cook the chicken until it is fully done.
Use cooking time as a guide
Use the time as a guide. Depending on how thick or thin your chicken is, cook time will vary.
Make sure to watch the chicken because over baking will dry it out!
If you do not want to make your own chicken marinade, reach for your favorite brand. You can use this recipe as a guide and bake as you would with a store-bought marinade.
I prefer the flavor of a homemade marinade, but it is all personal preference.
Consider using chicken thighs, drumsticks, etc. instead of boneless chicken breasts. Just adjust the cooking time to make sure the chicken reaches 165°F internally. Don't touch the bone with thermometer when checking temperature, or the thermometer will give you a false reading.
Easy Marinated Baked Chicken FAQs
How to know when chicken is cooked?
Chicken is cooked when the juices run clear and the chicken meat is white with no pinkish color. The best way to know when chicken is done is by using a meat thermometer.
The chicken needs to reach 165°F internally.
What temp to cook chicken at in the oven?
I baked this chicken at 425°F in the oven. It turned out nice and tender and juicy!
Do you need to let the chicken rest once you are done cooking?
It is best to allow chicken to rest 5–10 minutes before slicing and serving up. As the chicken rests, it will lock in the moisture. If you go and cut chicken right as it is cooked, all the juice runs out and can leave you with dry chicken.
Have you tried this recipe? Don't forget to Rate This Recipe below. While you're at it, share a picture on Instagram with #allshecooks so we can see how your recipe turned out!
Easy Marinated Baked Chicken
- 5 chicken breasts
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Place the chicken breasts in a 9" x 13" casserole dish and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, and Worchestershire sauce.
- Place the brown sugar and water in a small microwave-safe dish and melt for 20 seconds.
- Add the melted brown sugar to the olive oil mixture, then stir in the garlic and seasonings.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Bake chicken for 30 minutes, then flip and continue baking for 5–10 minutes until an inserted meat thermometer reaches 165°F.