Need an easy freezer meal that's ready when you are? This make ahead crock pot ham and potato casserole is sure to do the trick!
Next to mashed potatoes, this Potato and Ham Casserole is one of my family's favorite crock pot meals. It's one of those amazing comfort food favorites- like homemade mac and cheese - that you can be sure the whole crew will devour.
Um...or eat in a small portion with a healthy side of steamed veggies. Right.
If you like to freezer cook, this casserole is a great one to add to your list of make ahead recipes. It also pairs really well with our Freezer Meatloaf.
And it's a fantastic way to use up leftover ham from other recipes (or the holidays!).
And no matter how long you've been freezer cooking, you can never have too many freezer cooking cookbooks - so go check out this one for even more ideas.
More Recipes to Try
If you love this Ham & Potato Casserole - be sure to check out these other quick, easy, make ahead meals:
- Homemade Ham and Potato Soup
- Ham & Cheddar Potluck Sandwiches
- My Famous Poor Man's Soup
- Make Ahead Meatloaf
Ham & Potato Casserole - A Make Ahead Meal!
- Combine all ingredients, except water, in one big tub to stir. After pouring Alfredo sauce into mix, use the 2 cups of water (divided between the jars) to loosen up the remaining sauce and then pour contents into the mixture.
- These make ahead meals freeze well, so divide up into 8 quart size meals (or adjust to your family needs). Double bag for best results. I use one regular gallon-size zip bag inside of a freezer gallon-size zip bag.
- Nothing is cooked at this time. We are putting all of the recipe up for future meals to make weekday cooking so much easier.
- When ready to eat, remove from freezer a day ahead of cooking. You can either bake in the stove on 350 for about 25-30 minutes or cook in a small to medium size slow cooker. Grease or spray the sides and bottom of slow cooker crock and cook on medium heat for 4-6 hours.
- Serve with a big salad or steamed vegetables.