Scalloped Potatoes with Ham Recipes
Next to mashed potatoes, Scalloped Potatoes with Ham recipes are my family's favorite potato side dish to make. It's one of those amazing comfort food favorites--like homemade mac and cheese--that is just worthy of being devoured. Um...or eaten in a small portion with a healthy side of steamed veggies.
If you like to freezer cook, this Scalloped Potato recipe with ham is a great one to add to your list of freezer cooking recipes. It also pairs really well with our Freezer Meatloaf.
No matter how long you've been freezer cooking, you can never have too many freezer cooking cookbooks!
Scalloped Potatoes with Ham Recipes – Make Ahead Meals Freeze
- 3 30 ounce bags hash brown potatoes
- 1 10.8 ounce bag sweet peas
- 3 16 ounce jars Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups water
- 11 ounce bag reduced fat shredded cheese
- 6 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons pepper
- 8 cups cubed ham
- Combine all ingredients, except water, in one big tub to stir. After pouring Alfredo sauce into mix, use the 2 cups of water (divided between the jars) to loosen up the remaining sauce and then pour contents into the mixture.
- These make ahead meals freeze well, so divide up into 8 quart size meals (or adjust to your family needs). Double bag for best results. I use one regular gallon-size zip bag inside of a freezer gallon-size zip bag.
- Nothing is cooked at this time. We are putting all of the recipe up for future meals to make weekday cooking so much easier.
- When ready to eat, remove from freezer a day ahead of cooking. You can either bake in the stove on 350 for about 25-30 minutes or cook in a small to medium size slow cooker. Grease or spray the sides and bottom of slow cooker crock and cook on medium heat for 4-6 hours.
- Serve with a big salad or steamed vegetables.