How Make this Easy Apple Pie Recipe
A Simple Comfort Food Recipe
I don’t think there is a way to go wrong with Apple Pie. No way at all. In fact, even as I type this up, at nearly 10:30 at night… I’m seriously considering heading downstairs to get the second to the last piece of apple pie. Warmed up in the oven and a nice big spoonful of vanilla ice cream added… because it just wouldn’t be the same without it.
Apple Pie is a great comfort food. And who doesn’t need a little bit of comfort, and hey… if it comes in the form of my Mom’s Apple Pie, all the better.
You can’t get better than a home-cooked meal, mashed potatoes with gravy and apple pie. Apple pie with apples right from my apple tree in the back yard, I might add. Our trees are finally producing.
So… we enjoyed comfort in apple pie and family.
Without further ado, I give you Mom’s Apple Pie Recipe. No need to keep looking for the apple pie recipe your mom used to make. I will let you in on a little secret… we like to cheat and use store-bought refrigerated pie crust. No harm, no foul, right?
That being said, I do use fresh apples–whether I’m picking them from my own trees, from a u-pick orchard, a farmer’s market or the grocery store.
There is a handy trick if you use apples a lot in cooking. Invest in an apple peeler. These handy tools save you HUGE amounts of time AND work really well.
Here is the apple peeler I use…and let me tell you, it is well worth the twenty or so buck investment.
BUT… I would like to know:
What is your favorite pie crust recipe? Share the link with me in the comments, because I need to find a great pie crust!
How Make Apple PiePrint
Mom’s Apple Pie Recipe
- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts (or make your own)
- 8 tart apples
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line pie dish with one of the pie crusts.
- Slice apples and place in a bowl. Stir in the remaining ingredients (with the exception of the butter) until fairly well mixed.
- Pour apple mix over the crust in the pie dish. Add dabs of butter, and then cover with the second crust. Sprinkle a small amount of sugar over the top crust, and make a few slits to let steam escape.
- Bake at 375 for 1 hour.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Parmesan Green Beans Recipe – Thanksgiving Side Dishes - 2017/07/21
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad Recipe – With Several Pasta Types - 2017/07/20
- Orzo Pasta Salad – Party Food Recipes - 2017/07/19