Breakfast never tasted so good with this Moons over my hammy sandwich. Scrambled eggs and ham piled on bread and loaded with cheese. The toasted bread offers the perfect crunch!
This Denny's copycat recipe is crazy simple. Whether you want a easy weekend breakfast idea or a Father’s Day breakfast, this sandwich is it.
Raid the kitchen and you might find you have all the ingredients on hand. Want another breakfast or brunch idea? Try my croque madame, it’s incredible.
This Moons Over My Hammy Recipe Is…
- Ready in 15 minutes
- Easy prep
- Made with simple ingredients
- Family friendly
- Savory flavors
- Protein packed breakfast
How to make Moons over my Hammy
Full steps and directions for this ham egg and cheese sandwich are below. This is a quick walk through on how the recipe is made.
- In a bowl add your eggs, milk, and salt and pepper. Whisk well.
- Next in a pan melt butter and stir in eggs cooking until scrambled.
- Remove eggs from the pan and set aside.
- Then you will cook ham in a skillet , warming it up. Remove from the pan once heated through.
- Butter the bread and place butter side down in the skillet.
- Add on your cheese, egg, and make, and top with the other slice of bread.
- Toast the other side of bread and once it is done remove and serve.
Tips for Success
If you want light and fluffy eggs make sure to add the milk to eggs. Then whisk and whisk to create a light and fluffy texture.
Make sure you butter bread before you toast bread in the skillet. It is going to give the sandwich a wonderful buttery crunch.
Use a hot skillet to place the buttered bread in. By making sure the skillet is nice and warm, ensures you get that crisp golden outside.
Variations to Moons over Hammy Sandwich
You can swap the ham with any protein you want. Sausage patty, sliced bacon, Canadian bacon, and more.
I used two varieties of cheese in the sandwich. Feel free to adjust whatever cheese you would like.
If you want a vegetarian breakfast idea go meatless. It will still be loaded with eggs and cheese and so tasty.
Moons over Hammy FAQs
What is a Moons over Hammy sandwich?
This is a popular Denny’s restaurant breakfast sandwich. It has eggs, ham and cheese served on toasted bread.
Can I freeze these breakfast sandwiches?
You can, just make up the sandwiches, and place on foil. Then wrap up tightly and place in a freezer container or freezer bag. The sandwiches will store for up to 3 months. To reheat simply thaw in the fridge overnight or remove foil and warm up in the microwave.
How long do the sandwiches last?
They are best eaten fresh and warm, but you can place them in the fridge for 2-3 days. You can eat the sandwich cold or warm it up in the microwave until warm. If you reheat the oven wrap sandwich in foil then heat till warmed through.
Moons Over My Hammy (Denny's Copycat Recipe)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper; set aside
- Melt one tablespoon of butter in a large skillet.
- Then add egg mixture and cook, stirring frequently.
- Stir until eggs are cooked through; remove from pan and set aside
- Add the ham to the pan and cook for 1 minute each side, or until heated through; remove from pan and set aside
- Butter 1 side of each piece of bread with remaining butter.
- Then flip two slices of bread butter side down.
- Top each butter side down piece of bread with one slice of cheddar and one slice of swiss.
- Followed by half the ham.
- Followed by half the egg mixture.
- Followed by the remaining two slices of cheese
- And finally top each with a slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Add the the sandwiches to the hot pan
- Cook 2-3 minutes each side, or until bread is toasted a golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.
Leave a Comment