This Copycat Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark is the perfect holiday treat. Pretty enough to give as a holiday gift, and super simple to make!
The other day I was standing in line at the grocery store eyeing up the yummy Ghirardelli display and couldn't help but take a second look at their chocolate peppermint bark.
It looked SO good. I managed to pass it by without adding it to my purchase, but I sure thought about it for the rest of the day. Yes, the rest of the day. I'm a food blogger, ok? 😉
In fact, I was so intrigued that I decided to make my own copycat version of that Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark. So I made another stop at the grocery store and bought some dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and found my stash of candy canes too. Hello yummy Copycat Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark!
This treat is super easy to make. You'll want to add in 1-2 drops of peppermint extract for truly amazing flavor!
Let me tell you, if you're into making super simple holiday treats that don't take a lot of time to make and look absolutely stunning, this is a perfect treat to make.
It's no-bake, takes seriously about 10 minutes of active work time (if that!) and packages up in such an attractive way that is perfect for teacher gifts, neighbor gifts, or for anyone else you're gifting to this holiday season.
Double, triple, quadruple- because this recipe is a proven winner. In fact, I'm eating some right now... testing it out for the third day in a row and I will be making a few more batches to share with friends and family in a couple more weeks. It's that good!
EASY. Super simple... that's all there is to it. Think about it. You're making treats with your family, or maybe you're making treats alone... either way, it doesn't have to be time-consuming. Just take time to enjoy making memories and holiday traditions and enjoy all that is the holiday season.
Whether you're making an apple pie for Thanksgiving, Cream Cheese Danish for Christmas morning, or putting together a gingerbread house, remember to take time to make and cherish the memories that are being made. And give a gift of love and thoughtfulness. Remember, that's what gifting should be about.
I sincerely hope you enjoy our delicious Copycat Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark. It's an easy treat to make, and as long as you don't eat it all up yourself, there should be plenty in just one batch to make a few gifts out of it.
And if you love this copycat Ghiradelli Peppermint Bark, be sure to check out these other tasty treats:
- 85+ Christmas Cookies
- Easy Spice Cookies with Powdered Sugar
- Cashew Bark with Cranberries
- Mini Peppermint Bark Cheesecakes
Copycat Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment or waxed paper.
- Melt dark chocolate chips in a glass bowl in microwave. Microwave for one minute, stir and then microwave again for 30 seconds at a time until chocolate is melted.
- Pour dark chocolate on a silicone baking mat or parchment paper lined cookie sheet and spread evenly. Place in refrigerator until mostly hardened, and then remove for next layer.
- Crush peppermint candy canes and melt white chocolate chips. Mix all but ¼ of the crushed peppermint in with the melted white chocolate.
- Spread white chocolate over the dark chocolate, as evenly as possible. Sprinkle remaining crushed peppermint over the white chocolate.
- Place back in refrigerator until hardened.
- Once candy has hardened, lift the paper up off the cookie sheet and either cut or break apart. Put in a candy tin, or package in gift bag or boxes for gifting.