Spicy Tuna Cucumber Cup Appetizers
If you love spicy tuna rolls, then you are in for a real treat with these delicious low-carb appetizers. They are packed with flavor and are sure to be a hit at your next gathering.
Cucumber cups are easy to make with a cucumber corer. It works perfectly and because of its shape, its so much easier to use than a knife.
Stuffed Cucumbers Appetizer
Note: this recipe calls for Kewpie mayonnaise, which is a creamy Japanese variety made with rice wine vinegar instead of regular distilled. It is available in most grocery stores, or you can order it online here. You can also substitute regular mayonnaise instead.
Cucumber Cup Appetizer Recipe
Make Appetizers a Perfect Presentation
Some of our favorite products for entertaining are all of the cute and completely useful individual portion appetizer plates and bowls. These are great for mini-servings of all kinds–we especially love them for mini-desserts.
2 large cucumbers, peeled Spicy Tuna: 8 ounces sashimi-grade tuna, finely chopped 2 tablespoon Kewpie mayonnaise (regular will work) 1/2 tablespoon Sriracha hot sauce (more or less, to taste) 2 green onions, green parts only, very finely chopped 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced Garnish (optional) white and black sesame seeds
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled
- 8 ounces sashimi-grade tuna, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Kewpie mayonnaise (regular will work)
- 1/2 tablespoon Sriracha hot sauce (more or less, to taste)
- 2 green onions, green parts only, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- white and black sesame seeds
Yield: 12 appetizers, Total Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Remove the ends from both cucumbers and discard. Slice each of the remaining cucumber into 6 equal-sized pieces and carefully scoop out the seeds with a small spoon. Discard seeds and set cucumber cups aside.
- In a small, non-reactive bowl combine mayonnaise, Sriracha sauce, green onions and ginger. Mix thoroughly with a fork. Add finely chopped sashimi-grade tuna to mixture and stir to combine.
- Divide spicy tuna mixture among the 12 cucumber cups and arrange on serving tray. Garnish with sesame seeds, if desired. Serve immediately with pickled ginger, wasabi paste, and soy sauce on the side.