Spicy White Bean and Cabbage Soup
Are you a cabbage fan? If you love cabbage, you’ll love this Spicy White Bean and Cabbage Soup. It’s full of protein, and so much flavor.
This delicious low-carb soup is oh-so-good! It comes together quickly in a single stock pot, so you don’t have to spend a ton of time cleaning up afterwards. If you have time, make a double batch and freeze the leftovers to enjoy later. We like to use these reusable freezer containers whenever we make freezer meals. If you do a lot of freezer cooking, you’ll want to have several of these on hand.
Whether you’re on the Cabbage Soup Diet, or looking to add more meals to your freezer cooking plan, we have recipes you’ll want to try.
Easy Recipe Cabbage Soup
It’s soup season.
You know what that means? Time to try out all your favorite soup recipes and some new recipes as well. Whether you’re on a diet and looking for low-fat soup recipes to get your weight loss goals on the right track, or you normally cook low-fat foods… you’ll love this White Bean and Cabbage Soup.
It’s full of flavor, which is exactly what you want when you have a bowl full of yummy ready to warm your belly and hit the spot.
1 pound bulk spicy pork sausage, crumbled 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, un-drained 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock 1 tablespoon oregano, dried 2 teaspoons garlic powder 3” piece hard Parmesan rind 2 cans (15 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed salt and pepper, to taste 3 cups fresh cabbage, cut into bite sized pieces Garnish (optional): Fresh parsley, washed, stems removed and finely chopped Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 pound bulk spicy pork sausage, crumbled
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, un-drained
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon oregano, dried
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3” piece hard Parmesan rind
- 2 cans (15 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups fresh cabbage, cut into bite sized pieces
- Fresh parsley, washed, stems removed and finely chopped
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Yield: 8 servings, Total Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Add crumbled bulk pork sausage to a large skillet over medium heat. Cook until no longer pink inside. Carefully drain excess fat from the pan and return to heat.
- Add diced tomatoes, chicken or vegetable stock, oregano, garlic powder, and Parmesan rind to pan. Stir to combine and increase heat to medium-high.
- Cook until liquid almost boils, then reduce heat to medium-low. Add cannellini beans to pan. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add cabbage to pot and continue simmering until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and ladle into bowls. Garnish with chopped parsley and grated Parmesan cheese, if desired, and serve immediately.
- Note: If soup is too thick, add a little more stock. If it is too thin, continue cooking until desired consistency is reached.