Eating healthier is a conscious choice that is worthwhile for many reasons.
Whether you're considering your overall health or are just looking at loosing weight, starting with diet is a great place to set your plan in motion.
Low Fat Meatballs Recipe
You can make a low fat meatball recipe either by using beef with a low amount of fat, or by using either a combination of 50% ground turkey and 50% low fat ground beef.
Meatballs can be a fun and easy meal. Using a meatball shaper makes preparing the perfect sized meatballs simple. Not to mention, you don't have to touch the meat when you use a meat baller.
- More of my own Weight Watchers Friendly Recipes!
- The Weight Watchers 50th Anniversary Cookbook is packed with 280 healthy recipes!
- This Weight Watcher friendly Slow Cook Yourself Slim Ultimate Ebook is an amazing source for recipes that will keep you on your diet plan.
- If you're looking for a way to stay motivated on a time-schedule, this 28-Day Smart Start Weight Loss Challenge will help you out.
- Or, if you're on a low-carb diet, check out the Low Carb Recipes and eCookbooks from Step Away from the Carbs!
Add some tomato sauce to the meatballs for a tasty flavor, and garnish with some fresh herbs. You'll have a freshly seasoned meatball that is perfect to eat to the side of a salad or atop some whole-grain pasta noodles.
Low fat meat is the key to this recipe's success. It's got great flavor without all the fat.
We happen to think that the key to a healthy life is eating right and learning to enjoy through moderation. We love chocolate cookies in our house, but we normally only make a ½ a batch so we don't eat too many all at once. Chubby Chan: A Book About Eating in Moderation is a great resource to have if you want to get your eating under control.
These are great little meatballs, and they freeze well. You won’t feel deprived when you make spaghetti! Make a couple batches ahead of time, cook them up, cool them down in the refrigerator and then freeze them for about 20 minutes on baking sheets so they don't stick together, and put in freezer safe bags.
Weight Watchers Meatballs
- 1 pound 93% lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 cup uncooked oats I used the quick cooking kind
- 1 egg
- 1 pkg onion soup mix
- Mix and form into 42 one inch balls (about a tablespoon each). Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until no longer pink in the middle. 2 meatballs are 1 POINT.