Hey There! It's Aniko from Place Of My Taste and I am back again with a delicious recipe for you guys. I hope you all have a great spring so far. We are still dealing with super duper cold in VA, very unusual for end of March weather. I am hoping to see some warmer weather soon because I hate to see the blooming flowers to die. Today's recipe is one of my favorite chicken recipe. I am a huge fan of feta cheese so adding it to my favorite meat can not be anything else but pure pleasure. I use feta for my salads all the time and I always have a huge chunk in my refrigerator as well as extra in my freezer.
The other main ingredients for this dish is spinach....also on my favorites list. Adding some onions to these 2 ingredients will make the stuffing for the chicken breast. I usually cut my chicken breast in half and flatten it a bit for easier roll up.
SPINACH AND FETA STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST
- 2 half chicken breasts
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 cup feta cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1 ½ cups seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ cup butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut chicken in half and flatten fro stuffing.Salt and pepper.
- Saute onion for 5 minutes and spinach. Cook for additional 5 minutes.
- Add in feta cheese and mix well.
- Put 2 tablespoon mixture onto each chicken breast.
- Wrap chicken around mixture and secure with a toothpick
- Roll each breast in bread crumbs until well coated.
- Place in glass baking dish and pour butter over them.
- Cook for 30 minutes and serve.
Makes a perfect dish for weeknights or even when you invite your friends over. Easily put together and while you enjoy a glass of wine with your friends it will be baked to perfection in the oven. Serve it with green salad or risotto.
Enjoy this wonderful chicken dish. If you like chicken as much as we do, try these other recipes ...you won't regret it:
Have a great Spring !