Winter Squash Soup is therapeutic and packed with antioxidants. This appealing broth is easy to prepare and can be served as an appetizer or as part of the main course. If you have an abundance of pumpkins or winter squash, this is one hearty recipe you should try. My son loved it so much he asked for thirds, and since our freezer is full of this delight, I know we’ll be making this Winter Squash Soup recipe time and time again.
Author: Jessica, AllSheCooks.com
- 4 cups chicken broth (I used homemade chicken stock.)
- 2 cups pumpkin, acorn squash, or butternut squash
- (I used ½ acorn and ½ pumpkin that was previously frozen)
- 1 small onion (about ½ cup)
- Seasoning to taste (I used salt and pepper)
- Put all ingredients in saucepan over medium heat and cook until heated through. Puree in small batches in food processor until well blended and return to stove top.