Butter Herb Breadsticks just like a Fabulous Restaurant's Breadsticks Recipe
Are you a fan of a certain Italian restaurant? Personally, I can't get enough of the lunch soup and salad--in fact, I love it so much that I make my favorites at home on a pretty regular basis. My favorite is Copycat Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe and while it's not the same salad, I absolutely love this Italian Chopped Salad--hello, just add the restaurant's Salad Dressing and you're good to go!
Pair it up with some delicious Hazelnut Cheesecake Layered Dessert, and you've got a meal ready to go.
Copycat Breadsticks Recipe from Scratch
The perfect starter and accompaniment to soups, salads, pastas, and entrees of all types, these bread sticks keep you coming back for more. They are addictive and delicious. The light seasoning makes them practically melt in your mouth. You might as well plan on making a double batch because the first few will be gone before you know it.
Get more amazing copycat recipes here or buy restaurant gift cards online and go out to enjoy your favorite restaurant meals. They also make perfect gift ideas!
Copycat Breadsticks Ingredients
This recipe takes simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry--which means these copycat bread sticks could be on your dinner table tonight!
- 1 packet instant dry yeast ¼ oz
- 1 ¼ cup warm water
- 4 ¼ cups all purpose flour plus extra for dusting
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- In a warm bowl, dissolve sugar and yeast with warm water. Let sit for about 5-10 minutes, until foamy
- Add salt, melted butter and about 2 cups of the flour. Knead dough for about 5 minutes, adding more flour as necessary.
- Spray baking pan with cooking spray. Divide dough into small balls, large enough to fill about ⅓ cup. Make larger if desired but not too large as your bread will rise.
- Roll and shape dough into cigar shapes. Place in baking pan at least 1 inch apart. Let stand for about 1 hour, covered a clean cloth.
- Bake 7 minutes at 375F. While baking, combine melted butter, garlic powder/seasoning and salt for brushing.
- Pull baking sheet out of oven, brush the bread sticks with the seasoned, melted butter. Return to oven, bake another 8 - 10 minutes.
- Brush with remaining seasoned butter. Serve warm.
looks great love those breadsticks too
it looks yum! I am running out of yeast and I guess I need to get more. Definitely will try this at home 🙂
CJ Huang | Morsels of Life
One of our favorites! Definitely want to try this one at home. So addictive and delicious. 🙂
A Great recipe, we will love this one! Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great day!
Where is the recipe?
There was a glitch on the website with the recipe plugin but the recipe is now there.
I can save you lots of time for these. Olive Garden just buys Gai's brand bread sticks you can get at any supermarket and brushes them with garlic butter. Yours however look far more delicious!!!
These look great but I don't see a recipe anywhere....
The recipe is there now. Sorry, looks like there was an error.
It looks amazing! How many breadsticks does this make at 5 or 6 inches long?
The bread recipe calls for 1 tbsp salt? Should that say 1tsp?
Good catch! I've updated the recipe. Thank you.
I have made this recipe at least a half dozen times already and I have to say this recipe is soooo good. First couple of times I made the recipe as bread sticks. But I have also used it to make ham and cheese hot pockets and as pizza dough. It's that good.
What great ideas! I love this!