My 30 minute garlic chicken pasta is one dinner you will want to add to your menu on a regular basis. This is a pasta dinner idea made with chopped chicken, Farfalle pasta, Italian seasoning, lemon juice and more.
If you enjoy pasta, you have to try this pasta bar, it is a creative and fun dinner for the whole family. Or whip up this chicken bacon ranch pasta which has very popular ingredients all in one.
This 30 Minute Garlic Chicken Pasta Recipe Is..
- Creamy Lemon Pasta
- One Pot Dinner
- 30 Minute Dinner
- Family Friendly
- Made with Fresh Ingredients
How to Make Garlic Chicken Pasta
Full steps are featured below in the printable recipe card. This is a quick walk through on how the pasta is made.
- Add pasta into a pot and cook as directed.
- Cook chicken as directed, in a large skillet on the stovetop.
- Saute garlic with butter till nice and fragrant.
- Once the pasta is done, you will drain and pour into the skillet.
- Season with seasonings and lemon and serve.
Tools for Success
I recommend using a large skillet for cooking the chicken and pasta dish in. A heavy duty pot is going to help ensure the dish evenly cooks.
Use a hand juicer for slicing lemon and place in the area and squeeze to release all the citrus juice. Feel free to squeeze by hand but make sure to remove any seeds if they fall out in the bowl.
Tips and Tricks for Chicken Pasta
Prevent Garlic From Burning
If you are not careful you can burn your garlic. Add a bit more butter to the chicken before you add in the garlic. This is going to ensure the garlic doesn't burn.
Cook the pasta as directed on the package. When you are done, drain pasta but do not rinse it off.
Use Butter not Margarine
Make sure to use real butter not margarine when you are making the pasta. Margarine is made with oil where butter is not. You will have a lot better of an end result in terms of flavor.
Variations to Chicken Pasta
Shape of Pasta
You are welcome to use any type of pasta you would like. I used Farfalle but you can use rotini, shells, elbow, or any other type of pasta.
I used chopped chicken, but you can swap with leftover turkey, ground chicken, etc. Feel free to change up the type of meat you use in the pasta dish.
You are welcome to swap out the Italian seasoning with another type of seasoning. Onion powder, smoked paprika, lemon pepper seasoning, etc.
Once done top your pasta with some grated parmesan cheese if you would like. Or you can opt for mozzarella cheese if you would prefer.
Garlic Chicken Pasta FAQs
How to store garlic chicken pasta?
If you do not eat all your pasta you will need to store in an airtight container in the fridge. It will last 2-3 days in the fridge.
What to serve with this dinner?
So it can be a meal in one, or you can opt to serve it with a vegetable side dish, bread or dinner rolls, etc. Feel free to reach for any sides you prefer.
30-Minute Garlic Chicken Pasta
- 2 cups Chopped Chicken
- 4 cups Farfalle Pasta uncooked
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon White Pepper
- Salt to taste
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions. When done, drain but do not rinse.
- Meanwhile, place the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season the chicken with Italian seasoning, white pepper and salt.
- When the butter is melted and hot, add the garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and cook for 8 minutes, until cooked through to an internal temperature of 165F.
- When the pasta is done cooking, stir the drained pasta into the skillet.
- Season with lemon juice and additional seasonings, to personal taste.
- Top with chopped parsley when ready to serve.
Leave a Comment