Looking for an easy dinner this week? Try out this chicken bacon ranch pasta dish. Loaded with sliced chicken, bacon, tender pasta, in a creamy ranch flavored sauce. Pair with a green salad or some garlic bread to slather up the sauce. This bacon ranch pasta is a huge hit.
Pasta makes for a great family friendly dish, and when you add bacon and chicken it is a no brainer flavor. The classic flavors in one complete meal. Check out my shrimp pasta, steak alfredo, or even this chili mac.
This Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Recipe Is..
- Creamy pasta dish
- Simple ingredients
- Family friendly
- Budget friendly
How to Make
Full list of how to make this easy chicken bacon ranch pasta recipe is in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a quick walk through.
- Begin by cooking the pasta following the instructions on the package, then drain and set it aside.
- Cook the bacon until it becomes crispy, and then transfer it to plate.
- Cook the cubed chicken until it is done, then add ranch seasoning, flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and chicken broth to the pan, then stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Allow the sauce to simmer until it reaches your desired thickness. Add pasta.
- Take the pan off the heat and sprinkle cheese on top. Cover the pan until the cheese is melted, and then serve immediately. You may add fresh parsley if you like.
Tools for Recipe
Heavy Duty Pot
Use a heavy duty pot to ensure you get evenly cooked pasta and chicken and a nice creamy sauce. Lighter pans will cause your pan to not heat evenly.
Strain the pasta and then set it to the side until you are ready to serve it up. Making sure the pasta is drained will prevent it from continuing to cook.
Tips for Success
Al Dente Pasta
Cook your pasta until it is al dente. As you will toss the pasta into the pan with the sauce and chicken it will cook a bit more then so make sure to not over cook in the pot.
Whisk up the sauce and make sure to stir often or it can burn the sauce. Otherwise it will curdle or burn. I like to use a whisk to make sure I get all the sauce off the bottom of the pan.
Variations to Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
You can leave out the chicken if you want and just have a bacon ranch pasta if you prefer. Or you can swap the chicken with turkey, ground beef, etc.
Penne is what I used but you can swap with spaghetti noodles, elbow, shells, etc. Of course the alteration of pasta will adjust the flavor of the recipe just a tad.
Cheddar is what I used but you can swap with mozzarella, pepper jack cheese, Monterey jack cheese, etc. Feel free to use whatever type of cheese you would like to swap up the flavors.
Is Chicken Bacon Ranch good?
Many people enjoy the combination of chicken, bacon, and ranch seasoning, so Chicken Bacon Ranch is often considered a delicious dish. However, taste preferences are subjective, and not everyone may like the flavor combination. It's always best to try it for yourself and see if you enjoy it.
How to store the leftover pasta?
Store the pasta in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, or in the freezer for up to 2-3 months. When reheating the leftover pasta, you can either reheat it in the microwave, on the stove, or in the oven, depending on your preference.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside
- Meanwhile, cook bacon until crisp, then set aside on plate (do not wipe pan clean)
- Cook the cubed chicken in the bacon grease.
- Then sprinkle with ranch seasoning, flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper and cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the heavy cream, chicken broth, and stir until smooth
- Allow to simmer until the sauce is desired thickness, add the penne and crumble the bacon back into the pan and toss to coat
- Remove from heat and top with cheese, cover pan until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately with some fresh parsley if desired