You only need three simple ingredients to throw together this easy and delicious Chili Cheese Dip - black bean chili, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese. It doesn't get more snackable than that!
This Chili Cheese Dip might just be my new favorite appetizer. I mean, really. Chili + Cheese. What's not to love here?
It's warm and cheesy and gooey - and basically everything a dip should be.
I created this easy dip recipe for a tailgate party menu - and it has quickly become a staple for our casual get togethers.
It's just so incredible simple to make. All you need are three ingredients - cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, and a can of black bean chili. Mix them up, toss it in the oven, and you're in business!
This Chili Cheese Dip is:
- An easy three ingredient recipe.
- Ready in under 20 minutes (and most of that is baking time!).
- A surefire crowd pleaser.
- Perfect for tailgate parties and summer cookouts.
Serve it up with some chips, load on that dip, and take a bite of pure perfection. We love simple recipes with even simpler ingredients.
There is no need to get over-complicated when you have an easy peasy recipe like this one. Let's get cooking!
How to Make Chili Cheese Dip
- Spread cream cheese in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Pour over a can of black bean chili.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350F.
Scroll down for the detailed instructions and measurements in the printable recipe card.
Tips & Tricks
Canned black bean chili. Convenient canned chili is the star of the show in this easy dip recipe. So be sure to choose a high quality brand with lots of flavor.
Use homemade chili. This recipe is so incredibly easy thanks to the use of canned chili. But you can take things up a notch by using your own homemade chili - it's a great way to use up leftovers. Check out these chili recipes for some inspiration.
Make it vegetarian. This recipe is vegetarian-friendly, as long as you choose a canned chili that is vegetarian. My absolute favorite canned chili is Amy's Organic Black Bean Chili - which happens to be completely plant based.
Dippers. Tortilla chips are the classic match for this chili cheese dip. But you can also serve up some lighter options, like fresh veggies or these homemade sweet potato chips.
More Tasty Ideas
If you love this chili cheese dip, be sure to check out these other delicious recipes:
- The Ultimate List of Tailgate Appetizers
- Game Day Chili
- Rosemary Bacon White Bean Dip
- Copycat Bloomin Onion Appetizer Recipe
Black Bean Chili Dip
- 15 ounces Canned Black Bean Chili
- 8 ounces cream cheese regular or reduced fat, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded, regular or reduced fat
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spread softened cream cheese over the bottom of a shallow casserole dish.
- Pour chili over the cream cheese, and then top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at for 20-25 minutes, until cheese has melted and dip is heated through. Serve hot with tortilla chips or your favorite dippers.