This Game Day Chili is our family's go-to chili recipe. It's hearty and delicious, and packed with flavor from meat, beans, and homemade chili seasoning. Perfect for tailgate season - or just an easy weeknight dinner.
In this Article:
It's that time of year again - football season! And that seems like the perfect time to share this family favorite Game Day Chili recipe. It's the ultimate tailgate chili, and it makes a great family friendly dinner for ordinary nights too!
This just might be my husband's favorite chili recipe, although I have to say that our Creamy White Chicken Chili and Black Bean and Chicken Chili are clos seconds.
This Game Day Chili is:
- Hearty and filling.
- Packed with protein from meat and beans.
- Flavorful thanks to our DIY taco seasoning.
- Easy to make with simple ingredients.
- Simple to make in the slow cooker or on the stovetop!
I especially love it because I can just cook up some meat, and then dump everything into the slow cooker and let it sit all day. And it's ready when we are!
Tips & Tricks
Take it on the go. If you're planning to make this chili your go-to tailgate dish, then you might want to check out one of these portable slow cookers. Throw everything in and bring the whole thing to the party to keep it hot all day long!
Slow cooker liners. I pretty much never use my slow cooker without one of these handy liners. Add it before cooking and then just toss it out when you're finished. No more scrubbing the slow cooker bowl!
DIY Chili Seasoning. We used a homemade seasoning blend in this Game Day chili. It's a favorite blend that I keep on hand and use for chilis, tacos, and a variety of other dishes. You can always use a store bought chili seasoning, if you prefer.
If you love this easy Game Day Chili, be sure to check out these other tasty ideas:
- Tailgate-worthy Appetizer Recipes
- 15+ Can't Miss Chili Recipes
- Copycat Panera Turkey Chili
- The Best Chili Mac in the World!
Game Day Chili
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 32 oz crushed tomatoes canned or homemade
- 60 oz chili beans canned, about 4 cans
- ½ onion peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons DIY Taco and Chili Seasoning see linked recipe, or substitute store bought chili seasoning
- In a large skillet, brown the meat over medium high heat.
- Combine the meat and all other ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Keep on warm setting until ready to serve.
Made this for a family movie night last weekend and it was so yummy!