You’ll love this Chunky Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps recipe.
This lightly dressed chicken salad is so delicious and satisfying. Although this recipe calls for pre-cooked rotisserie chicken, feel free to use your favorite grilled chicken recipe instead. If you have the room and use rotisserie chicken on a regular basis, a home rotisserie oven is both affordable and useful. The aroma of roasting chicken alone is worth it, but it’s also versatile and has many uses.
Similar to our Chicken Salad Sandwich recipe, the chicken salad in this recipe uses grapes. We LOVE grapes in chicken salad. If you want, you can add a little bit of chopped celery for some added crunch.
Weight Watchers Recipes to Try
Looking for more healthy low-fat recipes to try? We’re pretty sure you’ll love these Weight Watchers recipes: Weight Watchers Taco Soup, Weight Watchers Chili and Weight Watchers Deli Crab Salad. Delicious recipes that are friendly on your diet and taste great too.
This is a low-fat recipe that is perfect for anyone, but is especially helpful for those wanting to cut calories. Want to reduce your calories even more? Make a regular salad and add a scoop of chicken salad onto the vegetables…you’ll get a couple servings of vegetables in, enjoy some excellent tasting protein, and have a wonderful meal. For a more gorgeous presentation, use a metal serving scoop. It’s great for portion control and making a scoop shaped serving.
Chunky Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
- Chunky Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tablespoons real mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces rotisserie chicken breast, chuck into equal size cubes
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3/4 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 15 red grapes, washed and cut in half
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, washed, stems removed and finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely sliced, green part only
- 4-6 large Romaine lettuce leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped fresh parsley
- Sliced green onions
Yield: 4-6 servings, Total Prep Time: 20 minutes to prepare, plus time for flavors to combine
- TIP: Boston Bibb lettuce is another excellent lettuce variety for this recipe because it has attractive, naturally bowl-shaped leaves.
- In a small glass bowl, combine mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, garlic powder, and oregano. Stir to combine thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- In a larger non-reactive bowl, combine chicken breast, celery, pecans, grapes, parsley, and green onion. Add dressing and gently stir to combine all ingredients thoroughly. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to overnight to allow the flavors to combine. To serve, divide the chicken salad between the Romaine lettuce leaves. Garnish with parsley and/or green onions, if desired, and serve immediately.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Best Coleslaw Recipe for Good Summer Meals - 2017/07/25
- Parmesan Green Beans Recipe – Thanksgiving Side Dishes - 2017/07/21
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad Recipe – With Several Pasta Types - 2017/07/20