Summer is nearly here, and there’s no better way to celebrate than by whipping up this Double Chocolate Chunk No Churn Ice Cream. No churn ice cream is simply magical, because you only need two ingredients — heavy whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk — to make it. No ice cream maker required!
Once you prepare the ice cream base, simply add your favorite flavors and mix-ins to create the ice cream of your dreams. And if you’re a chocolate lover, you are going to swoon over this Double Chocolate Chunk No Churn Ice Cream. It mixes rich chocolate syrup with lots of chocolate chunks to make this an extra-indulgent, extra-chocolaty, frozen treat.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHUNK NO CHURN ICE CREAM
- No special equipment needed. All that’s required is 3 simple ingredients and a basic stand mixer (a hand-held will also work) to make ice cream that is rich, creamy, and loaded with chocolate.
- It’s endlessly customizable. Simply follow the recipe to make the ice cream base, then try adding cookies, candy bars, fruit, caramel, peanut butter, flavor extracts, or any other number of mix-in ideas to create ice cream that is perfectly suited to your specific tastes.
- Eggs not included. Traditional churned ice cream often includes eggs, but this no churn ice cream recipe is egg-free, which means those with egg allergies can indulge in their favorite ice cream flavors, worry-free.
WHY MAKE NO CHURN ICE CREAM IF I HAVE AN ICE CREAM MAKER?
Even if you happen to have an ice cream maker, it’s worth giving this no churn method a try. No churn ice cream is quicker to make than traditional ice cream. So if you’re pressed for time, going the no-churn route is a great way to enjoy delicious, made-from-scratch ice cream without the extra fuss.
EVEN MORE RECIPES FOR NO CHURN ICE CREAM
If you love Double Chocolate Chunk No Churn Ice Cream, you’ll want to check out these other scrumptious no-churn ice cream recipes.
- No Churn Salted Caramel Pecan Ice Cream
- No Churn Strawberry Ice Cream
- Copycat Ben & Jerry’s Cherry Garcia Ice Cream
HOW TO MAKE DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHUNK NO CHURN ICE CREAM, STEP-BY-STEP
Step #1: with a mixer, beat heavy whipping cream until thick.
Step #2: place the sweetened condensed milk in a bowl and measure out the chocolate syrup.
Step #3: combine the sweetened condensed milk, chocolate syrup and optional vanilla, and mix until smooth.
Step #4: pour sweetened condensed milk mixture back into the bowl with the heavy whipping cream and fold together until smooth and creamy.
Step #5: pour half of the ice cream into a freezer safe container.
Step #6: add half of the mix-in, and use a spoon or a knife to swirl the mix-in together with the ice cream (optional).
Step #7: Top with remaining ice cream, and then top that with the remaining flavor mix-in.
Step #8: freeze for 5-6 hours, or overnight. When it is time to serve, remove from freezer and let sit on the counter to soften for 5-10 minutes prior to serving. Enjoy!
Double Chocolate Chunk No-Churn Ice Cream
This indulgent and rich Double Chocolate Chunk No Churn Ice Cream comes together easily, using just 3 simple ingredients. No special equipment required!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 5 hours
- Total Time: 5 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: serves 8
- 1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla [optional]
- 1 cup chocolate syrup
Double Chocolate Chunk Mix-Ins
- 2 king size chocolate bars with almonds (2.6 oz each), chopped
With a mixer, beat heavy whipping cream until thick. Fold a cup of it into a bowl with the sweetened condensed milk, add chocolate syrup, and optional vanilla and mix until smooth.
Pour sweetened condensed milk/whipping cream mixture back into the bowl with the heavy whipping cream, and fold together until smooth and creamy.
Next, pour half of the ice cream into a freezer safe container. Add half of the mix-in, and use a spoon or a knife to swirl the mix-in together with the ice cream (optional).
Top with remaining ice cream, and then top that with the remaining flavor mix-in.
Freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight. When it is time to serve, remove from freezer and let sit on the counter to soften for 5-10 minutes prior to serving.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Pork Enchilada Casserole - 2019/02/13
- Roasted Cauliflower Rice and Tomato Parmesan Soup - 2019/02/12
- Instant Pot Meatballs – Easy Italian Meatball Sliders - 2019/02/09