Do you love all of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream flavors?
There are some like Cherry Garcia ice cream that I absolutely can not get enough of. And because I love it so much, I’m going to love making what I think is the best homemade ice cream recipe again and again.
Cherry Garcia Ice Cream
Serve this up in a yummy chocolate ice cream bowl, add some cherries and you’ve got yourself the perfect dessert recipe.
Best Homemade Ice Cream Recipe
Besides a few ingredients from the store, all you need to make Cherry Garcia ice cream is an ice-cream maker. Our KitchenAid ice cream maker is amazing. It’s easy to use and the ice cream always turns out fantastic.
Don’t be intimidated by the idea of making homemade ice cream. It isn’t difficult at all. Mix the ingredients together, and let the ice cream maker do the rest of the work. It’s really that easy.
Copycat Ben & Jerry’s Cherry Garcia Ice Cream
Ben and Jerry’s Cherry Garcia Ice Cream that you can make at home. This delicious recipe is great as is or just as delicious with add ins.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate bars, shaved
- 1/4 cup fresh halved and pitted Bing cherries
- 2 eggs, large (or equivalent pasteurized liquid eggs)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy or whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- Using two separate bowls, place the shaved chocolate flakes in one and the cherries in the other.
- Cover bowls firmly and place in refrigerator.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs for 1 to 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- Whisking in the sugar, a little at a time, continue to mix about 1 minute more, or until completely blended.
- Whisk in the cream and milk and stir well to blend.
- In an ice cream maker, transfer the mixture.
- Following the manufacturer’s instructions, freeze concoction.
- Once the ice cream stiffens, add the chocolate and the cherries.
- Put back to freezer until the ice cream is ready.
- Adapted from: Best Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Paleo Pumpkin Spice Pancakes - 2018/11/19
- Pumpkin Meringue Pie — The Perfect Holiday Pie - 2018/11/17
- Apple Butternut Squash Casserole with Bacon Pecan Topping - 2018/11/14