Easy Deep Fried Mozzarella Sticks
Fried Mozzarella Sticks are an EASY to make. If I had known how easy fried Mozzarella sticks are to make in my deep fryer, I would have made them years ago.
We all know how important it is to have quick snacks on hand for after school and pretty much any other time the kids are hungry–which is ALWAYS.
How to Make Fried Mozzarella Sticks
I had no idea how quickly my kids could chow down an entire bag of string cheese! Seriously… I made them all up in one batch of fried cheese sticks, and they were gone… like that!
What Deep Fryer to Use?
I’ve been through a few deep fryers on my quest to find what deep fryer to use in my kitchen.
We like the Cuisinart Stainless Steel Deep Fryer because it’s sleek looking and does a great job.
In my opinion, this is the best deep fryer home users love. I know I do.
Cheese Sticks Recipe Scratch
I love easy recipes that don’t call for a ton of ingredients.
So, for this recipe, all that is required are a couple of eggs, water, plain bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, a tiny bit of crushed red pepper and… string cheese.
You can’t have Fried Mozzarella Sticks ingredients without string cheese.
How to Make Mozzarella Sticks
This quick after-school snack was super easy to make. And learning how to make fried mozzarella sticks has never been easier. Before you even get started putting the cheese sticks together, heat up some oil in your fryer. The amount you used depends on the size of your fryer.
Ready to make some Easy Fried Mozzarella Cheese Sticks?
First, unwrap all the cheese sticks and cut them in half. Mix the eggs with water and the breadcrumbs with seasonings. After that, dip the cheese sticks in the egg mixture, and then coat them with the breadcrumbs.
Easy Mozzarella Sticks Recipe – YUM!
You can make mozzarella sticks from scratch! It’s not as difficult as you might think.
Make sure to try to cover the cheese sticks entirely. Repeat the process by dipping the cheese sticks in the eggs mixture and the breadcrumbs a second time, making sure to cover cheese sticks completely.
Easy Hot Appetizers – Deep Fry Mozzarella Sticks
Set the Mozzarella sticks aside as you prepare them, wash your hands to get off all those caked on breadcrumbs (and if you know some trick to avoid this, please share!), and start to fry up those delicious cheese stick snacks a few at a time.
It takes about one minute per batch to cook in the fryer!
Simple Easy Appetizers
If you’re preparing these fried cheese sticks in advance, you can freeze them for a few hours before frying.
You’d need to keep them in the fryer a little bit longer, BUT freezing the cheese sticks helps to keep the breadcrumbs in place, so you don’t end up with cheese oozing out… which is a possibility if you don’t have good breadcrumb coverage.
Fried Mozzarella Cheese Sticks Recipe Scratch
Just freeze them on a parchment paper lined the pan and you’re good to go. Either way, these Easy Mozzarella Cheese Stick snacks are out of this world delicious. Ask my kids, because they finished off the whole package!
We served our cheese sticks with a simple marinara sauce, made from freshly canned tomatoes, which is always a winner in my book.
- Oil for fryer (my fryer takes about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 (12 piece) package Frigo® Cheese Heads® string cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Heat oil in the fryer. The amount you will use depends on the size of your fryer. I had a small fryer and used about 2 1/2 cups.
- Unwrap all the cheese sticks and cut them in half. Mix the eggs with water and the breadcrumbs with seasonings. After that, dip the cheese sticks in the egg mixture, followed by the breadcrumbs. Make sure to try to cover the cheese sticks entirely. Repeat the process by dipping the cheese sticks in the eggs mixture and the breadcrumbs a second time, covering completely.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Strawberry Poke Cake Recipe - 2019/05/13
- Animal Faces Toast Treats – Animal Toast is Fun for All Ages - 2019/05/09
- Avocado Chicken Salad Recipe Video - 2019/04/25