If you're a regular reader of All She Cooks, you're probably sensing a pattern here. I have dough on the brain. Danish dough, pizza dough, calzone dough, and dough for bread sticks. One of these days I will make bread dough. But, for now I'm satisfied playing with this pizza dough.
This is a yeast dough recipe, but don't be scared. It's super easy, and I don't say that lightly.
How Pizza Dough is Made:
- Throw everything in your mixing bowl. Hopefully you have a mixer with a dough hook. If not, you're in for a bit of kneading.
- Set the mixer on medium speed and let the mixer do it's work.
- When the dough is in a nice ball (or maybe two... mine does that sometimes), you can turn the mixer off. It'll look something like this:
Moisten a towel with warm water and cover bowl. Let it sit for one hour.
As the dough sits, it will double in size. This recipe makes enough dough for 2 pizzas, 2 calzones, or a bunch of bread sticks. If you want to just make a small pizza, or a personal calzone, go for it. Tear off a chunk of the dough and refrigerate the rest and use within a couple days.
The dough is ready to be rolled, pressed, or stretched into whatever shape you want to make it.
Remember, simple ingredients all thrown in one mixing bowl make this easy pizza dough one to add to your binder of basic recipes. You will use this over and over again, as a base for a variety of meals including pizzas and calzones.
Easy Pizza Dough Recipe
- 3 cups flour
- 1 ½ tablespoon sugar
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup hot tap water
- Put all dry ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Add olive oil and hot tap water.
- Mix on medium speed in mixer using dough hook (or knead by hand) until ball of dough forms.
This basic easy pizza dough recipe has simple ingredients and requires little work. Throw it all in a mixing bowl and let your mixer do the work.