Hi there! It's Fiona from Just So Tasty, and today I'm stopping in to share these cornbread muffins. I love cornbread with a drizzle of honey at breakfast, or with a bowl of chili for supper. Either way - these cornbread muffins are delicious.
You might also like some of the other recipes I've shared here on All She Cooks: Chocolate Fruit Pizza, Pumpkin Muffins with Cream Cheese and Berries and Cream Sheet Cake Recipe.
Plus, you can whip up a batch in no time.
I think there's something really comforting about cornbread. It's warm, cozy, and so perfect when the weather starts to get cold. Every winter, my aunt always makes cornbread muffins. She'll make a few batches for Thanksgiving and Christmas, so they always remind me of the holidays.
These cornbread muffins are everything you'd expect. They're moist with a delicious hint of honey and that perfect cornbread flavor. We're using buttermilk which makes them moist and gives a slight tanginess, but you can also use a combo of milk and vinegar if you don't have any on hand (I've given details in the recipe notes).
Then we're using a little brown sugar for added flavor.
How to Make Cornbread Muffins
Making these cornbread muffins is very straight forward.
- First we whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Then mix together the melted butter, brown sugar, honey and eggs.
- The dry ingredients are then folded into the butter mixture, then we gently stir in the buttermilk.
- Afterwards, it's time to bake.
I really enjoyed these muffins warm from the oven with a little butter or a drizzle of honey. Or better yet, both.
Whether you love cornbread, or are just looking for a side dish for your next winter meal - these cornbread muffins are the perfect option.
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter melted
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup buttermilk *
- Preheat the oven to 375F degrees and line a 12 cavity muffin tin with muffin papers.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, honey and eggs.
- Gently fold the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Then fold in the buttermilk.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin papers filling each about ¾ full.
- Baking in the preheated oven for 14-16 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Leave a Comment