Grilled cheese sandwiches are the way to go when you want to make dinner quick without having to put too much thought into it. But that’s no reason why your grilled cheese has to be ordinary. I’m always ready to add a new recipe with tomatoes to my must-make recipes, and this two-fork recipe is no joke. It is SO good.
Seriously, a pizza grilled cheese sandwich is THE way to go. Pick your own pizza toppings, butter the bread, and spread on some tomato sauce for a pizza sandwich and cook it up on a pannini grill or stove top.
I’m not kidding when I say this is a two fork sandwich, meaning… you might want to share this with someone. I had every intention of sharing my Loaded Pizza Grilled Cheese, finished half of it and then turned my back for about two seconds. That is all it took for my black lab to devour the other half. Yeah… she didn’t use the fork.
One of my favorite things about my Loaded Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwich is that there are limitless combination possibilities. I like my pizza grilled cheese the way I like my pizza… full of flavor. Have a family with different tastes? Make it a build-your-own pizza sandwich night. My sandwich was loaded: red bell pepper, red onion, black olives, Mozzarella cheese, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce, all on huge slices of buttered sourdough bread.Print
Loaded Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Category: Main
- Sourdough bread round
- Butter or margarine
- Mozzarella cheese slices
- Tomato sauce
- Diced tomatoes
- Optional toppings: bell peppers, mushrooms, red onions
- Butter one side of two slices of bread. Build sandwich on the stove top or pannini grill by adding sauce, pepperoni, Mozzarella cheese slices, and diced tomatoes. Add optional toppings as desired.
- Change up the toppings as desired according to taste.
Grilled cheese sandwich connoisseur? You might also like these bad boys:
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Instant Pot Eggplant Caponata Appetizer - 2018/04/19
- Blueberry Lemon Buttermilk Donuts – A Perfect Breakfast Treat - 2018/04/18
- Easy Raspberry Tarts - 2018/04/17