Chocolate chip brownies are my all time favorite! Add in some crunchy pecans, and I will swoon over them for days. Give this easy and simple Pecan and Chocolate Chip Brownies recipe a try today!
In this Article:
This Pecan and Chocolate Chip Brownies recipe is…
- Made with simple ingredients
- Easily doubled
- A chocolate lovers dessert
- Homemade from scratch
Get the latest scoop on all the recipes I'm whipping up in the kitchen by following along with All She Cooks on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. Also, don't forget to join my Facebook Group where you can share your favorite blogger recipes: Easy & Delicious Recipes.
How to Make Pecan and Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Prep pan and preheat oven.
- Mix egg, butter, sugar, and vanilla together for 2–3 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- Slowly incorporate dry mix with wet brownie batter.
- Fold in the nuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the baking dish.
- Bake, allow to cool, then slice and serve.
Full directions for how to make Pecan and Chocolate Chip Brownies are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Tips & Tricks for Pecan and Chocolate Chip Brownies
You do not need a mixer to make this recipe. Grab a whisk, and mix it by hand! Whisking by hand makes for less cleanup and it's quite easy.
Lining the pan with parchment paper will keep the brownies from sticking to the pan. Once baked, grab the edge of parchment paper and lift up. This will make it easy to remove and cut.
Variations to Pecan and Chocolate Chip Brownies
You can use white chocolate chips, semi-sweet, milk chocolate, or any other flavor you prefer. You could also chop up a chocolate bar instead of chips for bigger chunks.
You could swap the pecans for walnuts or another variety of nut. Or, if you're not into nuts, go right ahead and leave them out.
Toss in some chopped candy bars, cookies, etc.! Brownies are a wonderful base that can be filled with other ingredients to change up the flavor.
Pecan and Chocolate Chip Brownies FAQs
How should you store the leftover brownies?
You can store your brownies in an airtight container on the counter. They will store for around a week, but after that, they will begin to dry out.
Can you freeze these brownies?
These brownies freeze beautifully! Just slice them up or leave them whole and toss in the freezer for 2–3 months. When you want a brownie, just remove it and allow it to thaw on the counter at room temperature.
Does this brownie recipe double well?
Yes, you are welcome to double the brownies by using a larger baking dish. Or you can use two smaller ones and batch cook if they both won't both fit in the oven at the same time.
Pecan and Chocolate Chip Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare a 8x8” baking pan by greasing or lining with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add the sugar, butter, and vanilla and cream together until smooth.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the flour and cocoa powder.
- Add the wet and dry ingredients together and mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped pecans.
- Mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 30–35 minutes or until set. Cool to room temperature before cutting and serving.