All She Cooks is all about whipping up simple meals, and this one takes the cake. It’s a savory breakfast dish that would also be perfect to serve at a brunch or potluck. It’s mixed up with a compilation of breakfast ingredients, but is pulled together so quickly by using a bag of Simply Potatoes Hash Browns.
There are a few varieties of Simply Potatoes, but we used the Southwest Style Hash Browns to compliment this recipe. Since I had another bag of Simply Potatoes Hash Browns on hand, I decided to thrown them in a couple of the pictures so you can see what the product looks like. It’s a great way to get a visual so you know what to look for at the store.
Simply Potatoes are found in the refrigerated section in the grocery store, normally right over in the dairy section. Now, I know that isn’t where you would expect to find potatoes, but trust that these potatoes are so good, and will save you so much time in the kitchen!
Simply Potatoes is made by the folks over at the Crystal Farms Company. And, if you’re at all familiar with Crystal Farms (which I’m sure you are), you know they make great-tasting, high-quality cheese, eggs, butter and English muffins.
Some key points that make Simply Potatoes the best packaged potato products I’ve tried:
- Fresh, never frozen
- Easy to prepare and have on hand – no peeling/shredding required
- Made with real ingredients
And, like I said… they are located in the dairy section at your local grocery store, so they are easy to find whenever you have a recipe that calls for yummy potatoes or has browns.
Ready for an Awesome Giveaway?
- 20 ounce Simply Potatoes Southwest Style Hashbrowns
- 1 1/2 cup diced ham
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Method 1- Slow Cooker
- Spray crock with cooking spray. Pour potatoes into crock, top with ham. Whisk eggs together with milk and pour over potatoes and ham. Top with shredded pepper jack cheese.
- Set Programmable Carry Cooker Crock-Pot to start cooking 4 hours before you'd like to serve. Cook on low.
- Method 2- Prepare as in method 1, except use a baking dish. Cover with foil overnight and then place dish in cool oven, set to 350 degrees and bake for 30 minutes. Make sure to put cool dish in cool oven so dish will warm up slowly and not break.
- Serve and enjoy!