Our Sheet Pan Italian Sausage and Peppers meal is hearty, bright, and flavorful. It makes for a delicious dinner or a hearty weekend lunch. Once you try it, you'll want to include this sheet pan meal in your dinner rotation immediately! This sheet pan dinner comes together with wholesome ingredients like crisp bell peppers, red onion, and savory seasonings.
In this Article:
Before continuing with this fantastic sheet pan dinner, can we just talk about how incredible sheet pan dinners are? If you're not already familiar with sheet pan dinners, they are meals that cook together all on one pan, making for easy clean-up and simple meals. This sheet pan meal is a great way to get delicious veggies and hearty protein into your diet with little effort!
If you love the idea of simple, effortless, delicious, and easy-to-clean-up meals, you'll love this sausage and peppers sheet pan meal. A few other great recipes to try include skillet steak and one-pan fajita nachos.
This Sheet Pan Italian Sausage and Peppers recipe is...
- The perfect recipe to add to your weekly menu
- Easy to make
- Bursting with delicious, bold Italian flavors
- Ready in less than 30 minutes
How to Make Sheet Pan Italian Sausage And Peppers
- Preheat the oven and prepare a baking sheet.
- Place chopped vegetables on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle veggies with olive oil and sprinkle with seasonings.
- Place sausages on top of veggies.
- Bake until sausages are cooked through and veggies are soft.
- Dive in and enjoy!
Full directions for how to make Sheet Pan Italian Sausage and Peppers are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Tips & Tricks for Sheet Pan Italian Sausage and Peppers
Spread the veggies evenly.
Make sure to spread out all the vegetables on the baking sheet evenly. If the vegetables are overcrowded, then moisture might get trapped, leaving you with soggy vegetables. (YUCK!) Spreading the veggies evenly will ensure that they are consistently crisp.
Choose the right pan.
The best kind of pan for sheet pan dinners is called a half-sheet pan. A half-sheet pan is typically made of heavy-gauge metal, with a small rim going around the entire pan. The rim allows for optimal airflow. A good sheet pan can also withstand very high heat. It's a versatile, inexpensive kitchen tool that you'll use for all your sheet-pan dinners! If your current pan is warped and old, it might be time to replace it to get the best tasting sheet pan dinner.
This sheet pan sausage and pepper recipe is hearty and flavorful, but you can add some potato if you're craving even more heartiness. Use your favorite variety, wash them, and chop into bite-sized pieces. Then, spread potato pieces evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
Sheet Pan Italian Sausage and Peppers FAQs
Are Italian sausages always spicy?
Italian sausages are usually available in sweet, mild, and spicy varieties. You can choose the one you like best for this recipe!
Sheet Pan Italian Sausage and Peppers
- Preheat the oven to 425°F, and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place chopped peppers and onion on the prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle veggies with olive oil and sprinkle with italian seasoning, basil, and salt. Use your hands to mix it all together and spread in an even layer on the baking sheet.
- Place the sausages on top of the veggies.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25–30 minutes or until veggies are soft and the sausages are cooked through.