Looking for an easy slow cooker pot roast recipe?
You have to try our amazing roast beef!
Call it roast beef or pot roast, this one is tried and true and has been tested over and over again. I grew up watching my Mom make this delicious slow-cooked Pot Roast and have been making it on my own for the last eighteen years. It only takes a few ingredients, and you can always change it up and use inexpensive sale steaks if you’re looking for a way to scrimp on your grocery budget.
Best Slow Cooker Recipes
We love to cook slow cooker recipes. It’s so easy to toss ingredients into one pot, turn a knob or push a few buttons, and know that dinner is going to be ready and waiting for you at the end of a hard day of work.
Slow Cooker Pot Roast
1 Beef Roast
1 Can Golden Mushroom Soup (undiluted)
Your choice of vegetables, equaling at least 3 cups. The more you add, the more you have. Sometimes I use a bag of frozen stew vegetables if that’s what I have on hand. You could also use cubed potatoes, chunks of carrots, onions, and peppers. They are all delicious.
Place roast on the bottom of crock pot (we like this programmable Crock Pot because you can set it, cook dinner and have it set to keep warm for when you get home) and pour undiluted soup over the top of the meat. Toss in your choice of vegetables. Set temperature on low and cook for 8 hours. I always start my pot roast in the morning and let it slow cook all day long. This is the perfect meal for when you don’t have time to fuss with dinner, but want a hearty and fulfilling meal.
Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe
Slow cooker pot roast is amazing.
And if you happen to be at home during the day, working or otherwise, the scent of flavors melding together totally wafts through the air. When you breathe that in, you’ll totally get why this is one of the best meals in the world. It’s a comfort food favorite, and for good reason.
Our favorite vegetable ingredients to add to a slow cooker pot roast are root vegetables. Toss in some potatoes and carrots, maybe and onion for added flavor, and that’s just about all you need. And the veggies–they might even turn out to be your absolute favorite part of this delicious recipe.Print
Pot Roast-Crockpot Perfection
- 1 beef roast
- 1 can golden mushroom soup (undiluted)
- Choice of vegetables, equaling at least 3 cups
- Place roast on the bottom of crock pot and pour undiluted soup over the top of the meat. Toss in your choice of vegetables. Set temperature on low and cook for 8 hours. I always start my pot roast in the morning and let it slow cook all day long. This is the perfect meal for when you don’t have time to fuss with dinner, but want a hearty and fulfilling meal.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Hazelnut Cheesecake Layered Icebox Cake - 2017/05/29
- Grilled Pork Pineapple Kabobs - 2017/05/28
- Confetti Cupcakes with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting - 2017/05/26