Taco Casserole is a winning recipe that requires little prep work, and has both grown-ups and kids raving. With simple ingredients you’ll likely find in your pantry and fridge, this is a filling dinner you can whip up in a hurry for a family dinner or potluck.
Pair it up with an appetizing side chopped salad and you’re good to go.
Easy Taco Casserole
It’s simple to make casserole recipes even in a time crunch. One of the best things about meals like this is that they are comfort food at its finest and full of flavor. You’re not going to find anyone in my house who doesn’t appreciate a good down home comfort food recipe.
If you’re on a special diet, such as gluten-free, you can find gluten-free substitutions for the ingredients listed. We have had great luck finding so many delicious gluten-free products on Amazon Pantry.
- 10 ounces of tortilla chips or Fritos
- 1 pound ground turkey or ground beef
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 10 3/4 ounces cream of mushroom soup (we used Campbell's Cream of Mushroom with garlic)
- 10 3/4 ounces cheddar cheese condensed soup
- 10 ounces red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheese like Cheddar or Mexican blend
- Optional- top with white queso
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Brown the ground meat until done, drain and add soup and enchilada sauce to the pan. Stir and heat over medium-high for five minutes, continuing to occasionally stir the sauce.
- Lightly spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and pour half of the crushed chips onto the bottom of the dish. Layer with 1/2 of the enchilada soup mixture, followed by 1 cup of shredded cheese. Repeat another layer of each: chips, soup mixture, and cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes and enjoy the pleasant aroma of Easy Taco Casserole as it bakes. Let me tell you, my stomach was growling halfway through!