Want to know how to make a delicious dessert? You've come to the right place. How about The Best Carrot Cake Recipe? (Yep, it's so good that I actually call it "The Best Carrot Cake Recipe"!)
I'm all for cooking healthy food, but some of the best desserts combine a little from both worlds. Now, I can't begin to attest that carrot cake is healthy. But it can't be BAD with all those good ingredients in it, right? Help me out here!
Why is it The Best Carrot Cake Recipe?
"Melt in your mouth" are the best words to describe this carrot cake creation. The Best Carrot Cake Recipe has the best (of course) of everything: carrots, dates, walnuts, and yes... even applesauce. Oh, and did I forget to mention that I love to top it with an out of this world White Chocolate Rum Ganache or Easy Cream Cheese Frosting?
How to Make The Best Carrot Cake Recipe
This is one of those types of cake that you'll be tempted to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It's so moist and enjoyable. You'll certainly want to savor each and every last bite.
Be very careful not to gobble down this masterpiece, AND if you're bringing this to a gathering — you might want to make sure to bring a few copies of the recipe. Friends and family are always asking for this recipe.
Have your cake and eat it too with The Best Carrot Cake Recipe!
Let's Make The Best Carrot Cake Ever!
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Then, get out your wet ingredients: vegetable oil, applesauce, and eggs.
Now whisk 'em together until they're well blended.
Now peel and grate your carrots.
After grating the carrots, get out your dry ingredients: flour, sugar (you can use a little less if you prefer a carrot cake that isn't quite as sweet), baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the wet and stir until just mixed and free of lumps.
Assemble your remaining ingredients: carrots, dates, and walnuts.
Pour the carrots, dates, and walnuts into the batter...
... and stir until they're evenly dispersed.
Now, spread your carrot cake batter evenly across two greased cake pans.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy the wonderful smells coming from your oven while your carrot cake is baking. The smell of carrot cake is unbeatable!
Remove the cakes from the pans carefully by covering them with a plate and turning them over. Lift the pan up slowly to make sure the cake is not sticking to the pan.
When the cakes have sufficiently cooled, now you can spread a thick layer of Easy Cream Cheese Frosting between the two layers. I also like to take additional chopped walnuts and add them to the outside of the frosting. (This looks pretty and it also tastes amazing!)
There you have it — The Best Carrot Cake Recipe! It really doesn't get any better than this.
More Cake Recipes
It's tough to live up to this amazing cake recipe, but here are a few more for you to try:
- Berries and Cream Sheet Cake Recipe
- Lemon Poppy Seed Pudding Cake with Strawberry Topping
- Pound Cake with Berries
The Best Carrot Cake Recipe
- cake pans
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar ¾ if you want it a little less sweet
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups applesauce
- 2 cups carrots peeled and grated
- ¾ cup chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- White Chocolate Rum Ganache Glaze recipe here or Cream Cheese Frosting (recipe here)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix together oil, eggs, and applesauce until well blended. Slowly pour in the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed and lump free. Add in the carrots, dates and walnuts and stir until evenly dispersed.
- Grease two cake pans and pour in cake batter, making sure that it is spread out evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from cake pans carefully by covering with a plate and turning over. Lift the pan up slowly to make sure the cake is not sticking to the pan.