This Fizzy Watermelon Mocktail takes just 5 minutes to throw together. This watermelon limeade drink is totally refreshing and perfect for picnics, summer cookouts, or serving up at dinner.
Table of contents
- How to Make Fizzy Watermelon Mocktail
- Tips and Tricks
- Fizzy Watermelon Mocktail FAQs
This watermelon drink is kid friendly, but can easily be made into a vodka cocktail for adults. However you choose to serve up this fruity sparkling drink, you will enjoy it.
This Fizzy Watermelon Mocktail Is...
- kid friendly
- quick—only takes 5 minutes to make
- a 5-ingredient drink recipe
- uses fresh watermelon
- can be made into an adult cocktail
- simple to make
- thirst quenchingly good
How to Make Fizzy Watermelon Mocktail
- Start by combining lime juice and sugar in a pitcher. Mix well until the sugar dissolves.
- Now add in the soda, frozen watermelon, and mint leaves. Stir well, then pour into glasses.
- Garnish with mint or hang slices of watermelon on the edge of the glass.
The full directions and ingredient measurements are in the printable recipe card below.
Tips and Tricks
I recommend using a scoop to form round watermelon balls. Then lay the balls out on a baking sheet to freeze. These watermelon balls offer a stunning presentation in the drink to have it in a nice round ball shape.
You could also use a cookie cutter to cut the watermelon into even pieces.
Serve Soon After Assembly
Since you are working with frozen watermelon, I highly recommend assembling this mocktail right before you go to serve it. That way the fruit is still frozen and doesn't sog up the drink.
Add Additional Fruit
Consider using other fruit besides the watermelon. Strawberries, cherries, or even red grapes could be a tasty addition to the recipe. As the fruit melts, it will add even more flavor to the mocktail.
Lemon Lime Soda
Instead of soda water, swap with a lemon lime soda. It will give the drink a lot of fizz and compliment the lime and fruit flavors in the drink.
Use Lemon instead of Lime Juice
Go right ahead and substitute fresh lemon juice instead of lime to give a more lemonade feel to the watermelon drink.
Skip The Mint
If you are not a huge fan of mint, feel free to leave the mint out. I love adding the mint to help tone down all the other citrus flavors in the drink.
Fizzy Watermelon Mocktail FAQs
What flavor mixes well with watermelon?
When it comes to watermelon in drinks, you will find that mint, lime, lemon, and even salt around the glass can compliment the watermelon. The salt enhances the natural sweetness of the fruit.
What is a mocktail?
Mocktails are mixed drinks that do not contain alcohol. You will find this watermelon fizz can easily go from a mocktail to a cocktail if alcohol is added.
How can I make this watermelon mocktail alcoholic?
Add a shot or two to your drink and flavor to your liking. Vodka or rum are both great options to pair with all the other ingredients in the recipe.
Fizzy Watermelon Mocktail
- 1 Cup lime juice
- ½ Cup sugar
- 2 Cups frozen watermelon
- 4 Cups soda or sparkling water
- 3–5 basil leaves
- In a pitcher, stir together the lime and sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the frozen watermelon.
- Next, add the soda.
- And add the basil leaves.
- Fill with ice.
- Serve immediately.
- This Fizzy Watermelon Mocktail is super refreshing! It's perfect for a hot summer day.
- You can also add some tequila if you want to make it boozy.