Even though everywhere you look you already see Back-to-School reminders, there is still plenty of summer left and certainly many more warm, sunshiny days where you and your family will be longing for a delicious, cool and refreshing treat or dessert. This recipe for Blueberry Lemon No-Churn Homemade Ice Cream is the perfect option to keep you cool and help you hang on to summer just a bit longer.
Why You Will Love Blueberry Lemon No-Churn Homemade Ice Cream
- Because it’s so easy! You want to be out soaking up the last bits of summer fun and sun, not slaving away in the kitchen making dessert. This yummy recipe only requires some mixing, folding and freezing. No special equipment needed for this homemade ice cream! It only takes 15 minutes of prep time, and you can then leave it to your freezer to do the rest.
- Blueberries are in season, and it is the right time to buy and enjoy those deliciously ripe, peak-of-summer blueberries. They won’t be around forever, so this Blueberry Lemon No-Churn Homemade Ice Cream is the perfect excuse to scoop up and enjoy those fresh, juicy blueberries.
- It’s not only delicious, but it’s also refreshing! Summer days are hot. You want something light and “chill” to eat. The classic combination of sweet blueberry and tart lemon keeps you cool and satisfies your sweet tooth. Making this Blueberry Lemon No-Churn Homemade Ice Cream recipe not only keeps you from heating up, it does the same for your kitchen!
More Desserts like Blueberry Lemon No-Churn Homemade Ice Cream
You’ve got to try these other cool and refreshing dessert recipes before the summer fades away:
This amazing Berry Pie No-Churn Ice Cream is just the thing when you want for more than just blueberries in your delicious dessert.
Or for the die-hard chocolate lover, try this Double Chocolate No-Churn Ice Cream. Creamy and delicious just like Blueberry Lemon No-Churn ice cream, but full of rich, chocolatey goodness.
More in the mood for pie than ice cream, but still don’t want to heat up the kitchen? Try this No-Bake Tropical Cream Pie. It keeps things cool and delicious.
How to Make Blueberry Lemon No-Churn Homemade Ice Cream
Step #1: With a mixer, beat heavy whipping cream until thick.
Step #2: Pour in sweetened condensed milk and lemon extract and then fold in until smooth.
Step #3: Next, pour half the ice cream into a freezer safe container. Top with half of the blueberries.
Step #4: Repeat with another layer and top with the remaining blueberries and slices of lemon.
Blueberry Lemon No-Churn Homemade Ice Cream
Learn how to make Blueberry Lemon No-Churn Homemade Ice Cream with this easy recipe!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 hours
- Total Time: 5 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: serves 8
- 1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- ½ to 1 teaspoon lemon extract, to taste
- 1 cup (frozen or fresh) blueberries
- ½ lemon, sliced (to garnish)
- With a mixer, beat heavy whipping cream until thick. Pour in sweetened condensed milk and lemon extract and fold in until smooth.
- Next, pour half the ice cream into a freezer safe container. Top with half of the blueberries. Repeat with another layer and top with the remaining blueberries and slices of lemon.
- Freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight. When it is time to serve, remove from freezer and let sit on the counter to soften for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Paleo Pumpkin Spice Pancakes - 2018/11/19
- Pumpkin Meringue Pie — The Perfect Holiday Pie - 2018/11/17
- Apple Butternut Squash Casserole with Bacon Pecan Topping - 2018/11/14