These Cheesecake Brownies are the perfect marriage of creamy cheesecake and decadent chocolatey brownies. With this delectable recipe, you can enjoy two favorite desserts in one!
My family has two distinct camps when it comes to desserts. There is team cheesecake, who craves cheesecake it all its glorious forms. And then there are the chocolate fanatics, who think a dish is not really dessert unless it’s chocolate. So in an attempt to try and please them all, I have come up with one dessert that combines the best of both worlds. And thankfully, these Cheesecake Brownies did the trick.
Layers of rich fudgy brownies seamlessly combine with sweet, creamy cheesecake to become a perfect sweet treat. Cheesecake Brownies are just the thing to take along to your next potluck, buffet or serve up anytime you need to please a crowd. They are so popular in fact, you may just find that baking one batch isn’t enough!
How To Make Cheesecake Brownies Step By Step
Step #1: Preheat oven to 350 F and then cream the butter, adding in sugar and vanilla until well mixed.
Step #2: Sift in the cocoa powder and flour, then mix in the baking powder and salt.
Step #3: Make the cream cheese layer in a separate bowl by creaming together cream cheese and sugar, then blending in the egg.
Step #4: Spray an 8×8 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray, line it with parchment paper and lightly spray the paper.
Step #5: Spread most of the brownie batter in the bottom of the pan, reserving about ¾ cup.
Step #6: Pour the cheesecake layer over the brownie batter.
Step #7: Next, drop spoonfuls of the reserved brownie batter over the cheesecake layer and swirl together on the top.
Step #8: Bake for 25-30 minutes, until set.
Step #9: Allow to cool, cut into squares, then serve and enjoy!
How Can I Soften Cream Cheese Quickly?
Here’s a great tip for making Cheesecake Brownies. Instead of waiting around for your cream cheese to come up to soften, you can unwrap your 8-ounce block of cream cheese, place it on a microwave-safe plate and microwave it on high for 15 seconds. It will be the perfect consistency for your recipe!
Do Cheesecake Brownies Need To Be Refrigerated?
Due to the higher dairy content in these Cheesecake Brownies, they are more perishable than regular counterparts. Storing them in an airtight container inside the refrigerator will keep them fresh for up to one week.
I happen to think that Cheesecake Brownies taste best at room temperature, or even slightly warm, so you’ll want to take the brownies out of the fridge at least 20 minutes before you plan to serve.
More Recipes Like Cheesecake Brownies
If you’re hungry for more delicious dessert recipes, then you will want to try these:
Cheesecake Brownies a the perfect combination of creamy cheesecake and decadent chocolatey brownies!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: serves 10-12
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 F and then cream the butter, adding in sugar and vanilla until well mixed.
- Sift in the cocoa powder and flour, then mix in the baking powder and salt.
- Make the cream cheese layer in a separate bowl by creaming together cream cheese and sugar, then blending in the egg.
- Spray an 8×8 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray, line it with parchment paper and lightly spray the paper.
- Spread out most of the brownie batter, reserving about ¾ cup.
- Pour the cheesecake layer over the brownie batter.
- Drop spoonfuls of the reserved brownie batter over the cheesecake layer and swirl together on the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until set.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Cauliflower Fried Rice – Healthy Fried Rice Recipe - 2019/03/20
- Chocolate Cherry Brownies - 2019/03/12
- Cheesecake Pudding - 2019/03/06