If you love the classic combination of rich decadent chocolate and sweet cherries, then this recipe for Chocolate Cherry Brownies is for you! These low-carb, gluten-free chocolate cherry brownies are so incredibly moist and full of flavor, you won’t even miss the processed flour, sugar, and dairy ingredients found in more traditional recipes.
The perfect way to indulge without the guilt, low carb Chocolate Cherry Brownies are suitable for a wide variety of healthy eating plans, thanks to ingredients like:
- Coconut Flour
- Almond Milk
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Coconut Oil
What is Coconut Flour?
Coconut flour is simply dried coconut meat that has been ground into a fine flour-like consistency. Compared to traditional all-purpose flour, coconut flour is fairly high in protein, fiber, and relatively low in carbohydrates. One serving contains 5 grams of fiber and 3 grams of protein.
Because it is grain- and gluten-free, coconut flour is a popular ingredient for those following low carb and gluten free eating plans. It is commonly used to make baked goods such as cakes, cookies, breads, muffins, and (of course) brownies.
How To Make Chocolate Cherry Brownies Step By Step
Step #1: Place top oven rack in center position and preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8×8 brownie pan with 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil and set it aside.
Step #2: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, ¼ cup melted coconut oil, honey, almond milk, and vanilla until completely smooth
Step #3: In a smaller bowl, combine the coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
Step #4: Add the chopped, pitted cherries (and juice if using frozen cherries) then fold until combined.
Step #5: Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and place in the preheated oven. Bake until the brownies are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, approximately 25-30 minutes. (Cooking time will vary by oven. Check after 20 minutes and adjust cooking time accordingly).
Step #6: Remove from oven and allow to cool before slicing into squares.
Serve and enjoy!
Tips For Making Chocolate Cherry Brownies With Frozen Cherries
Make this Gluten Free Chocolate Cherry Brownies recipe using either fresh or frozen cherries. If using frozen cherries, here are couple of great tips:
- Use frozen cherries that are pitted and with stems removed.
- Let the frozen cherries thaw completely at room temperature and drain any juice before chopping and adding to the batter.
- And for even more delicious cherry flavor, you can collect the juice while the cherries are thawing and add it to the batter. Yum! Just increase the cooking time by several minutes to account for the extra moisture.
More Recipes Like Low Carb Chocolate Cherry Brownies
It is possible to have sweet treats even when you’re following a gluten free or low carb diet. Here are a few dessert ideas that are either gluten free or gluten free and low carb.
Gluten Free Dark Chocolate Cookies – These tasty gluten free chocolate cookies are a breath of fresh air. We’re talking about a sweet dark chocolate flavor that you won’t soon forget. They are absolutely delicious.
Gluten Free Dark Chocolate Cake – Flourless cake is a dessert that is so rich. Small portions are essential and a serving of berries on the side of this gluten free cake makes it even better.
Gluten Free Sugar Cookies – Sugar cookies are a staple treat for most holidays. Using cookie cutters and decorating cookies can be a fun family activity. You can enjoy this tradition even on a gluten free diet with this tasty gluten free sugar cookies recipe.
Instant Pot Low Carb Gluten Free Cheese Cake – If you haven’t made cheesecake in a pressure cooker, you are missing out on an easy and delicious dessert.
Use a sugar substitute to make this classic dessert low carb and switch the typical graham cracker crust for a crust made out of ground nuts to make it gluten free. The result…well, it’s pretty nuts how amazing it tastes!
- Place top oven rack in center position and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8x8 brownie pan with 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, ¼ cup melted coconut oil, honey, almond milk, and vanilla until completely smooth. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Add the chopped, pitted cherries and any juices (if using frozen cherries) and fold until combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and place in the preheated oven to bake until the brownies are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, approximately 25-30 minutes. (Cooking time will vary by oven. Check after 20 minutes and adjust cooking time accordingly).
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature before slicing into squares and serving. Enjoy!
- Pillsbury BEST Organic Flour, Coconut, 16 Ounce
- Garden of Life Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil - Unrefined Cold Pressed Coconut Oil for Hair, Skin and Cooking, 14 Ounce
- The Smart Baker 8 inch Square Perfect Parchment Paper - 24 Pack Pre-Cut Parchment Sheets for Cake Pans.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 252 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 83mg Sodium: 224mg Carbohydrates: 24g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 19g Protein: 5g
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Layered Pumpkin Cake with Pumpkin Ganache Filling - 2019/09/06
- Pumpkin Lasagna – Pumpkin Dessert Recipes - 2019/09/04
- Pumpkin Poke Cake Recipe – Best Pumpkin Spice Dessert Recipe - 2019/08/24