Easy Deep Fried Pickles Recipe just like Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles
Gotta love fried pickles. I mean, these are seriously good! They are one of those appetizers that I can fall for again and again. And this fried pickles recipe is so good!
I’m not usually a huge fried food lover, just because I try to eat healthier foods when I have the choice. But, sometimes I’ll give into the whole flavor aspect that is fried food and indulge.
I figure I’m not doing anything gluttonous if I only partake now and again.
Simple Food Recipes are Tasty Recipes
Simple food recipes like this are what life is all about. As in–there are some simple pleasures in life that need to be indulged in.
Just check out our copycat Bubba Gump Popcorn Shrimp below. If you like fried food, and you LOVE shrimp, you’ll want to try this recipe for sure.
As long as you have your fryer out, you might as well make a smorgasbord of fried food appetizer-type foods!
Best Deep Fryer Home Use for Easy Deep Fried Pickles Recipe
There are some things in life that are simply too good for words. These fried pickles are a divine example of just that.
The salty tang of the pickles is balanced perfectly with a delectable dipping sauce that has just the right amount of kick.
Believe it or not, you can make these easily at home in your deep fryer to surprise your guests, or your family. We highly recommend using a deep fryer instead of frying food on the stove top.
That’s just our preference! However, if you’re an old pro…fry that food up however you’ve been doing it for all these years!
If it works…it works!
How to Make Fried Pickles Recipe – Deep Fry Them!
The best deep fryer for home use in my opinion is an electric fryer that uses low oil and is dishwasher safe.
I’ll tell you what, if I would have found this fryer years ago, I probably would have fried more food on occasion. I’m not huge on fried food, but it sure does taste good and my family LOVES it.
Between fried pickles and Fried Mozzarella Cheese Sticks, you better believe we get our money’s worth out of our fryer.
See how tasty these look:
If you’re a fried food lover, you will really enjoy biting into one of our deep fried pickles. They are really a treat.
Seriously…the next time we make these, we’re going to make Bubba Gump’s Popcorn Shrimp, Mozzarella Sticks and Fried Pickles. All kinds of yummy happening with that idea!
You’ll want to eat your fair share of this delicious appetizer recipe, so make sure you save enough room! We’re talking about bite-sized perfection you don’t even need a fork for.
The seasoning in the dip is AMAZING! You’ll want to make this recipe again just to get another taste of the dip. Yum!
Copycat Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles Recipe
For the Dip
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp horseradish
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1/4 tsp Cajun seasoning
For the pickles:
- Vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups dill pickles, drained and sliced
- Preheat oil to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix all the dip ingredients. Set aside.
- Place about 1 1/2” of vegetable oil in a wide pot and heat over medium high heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, Cajun seasoning, oregano, basil, pepper and salt.
- Depending on how big your pot is, you may have to fry the pickles in 2 batches. You don’t want the pickles to overlap when they’re frying, so make sure you have enough space. Coat the pickles with the flour mixture and shake off excess. Gently add the pickles to the oil, one at a time. Fry for about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove pickles with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel. Repeat with another batch, if necessary.
- Serve right away with dipping sauce.
- Adapted from the Food Network.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Bedroom Decor for Fall and Winter at Shopko - 2017/10/05
- A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder in Madison, WI - 2017/10/03
- How to Make a Latte and No Bake Caramel Latte Frozen Icebox Cake - 2017/09/21