If you like a hearty meal, this Copycat Texas Roadhouse Chili recipe is a keeper. Hearty ground beef, beans, and seasonings combine to make a dinner that will fill you up and warm you to the bone. Serve with crackers, a sprinkle of cheese, and a dollop of sour cream for the perfect finish.
Table of contents
This Copycat Texas Roadhouse Chili Recipe turned out so much better than I first imagined. Usually, when you’re trying to copy a restaurant recipe, it takes a few tries to really get it right. Well, lucky for me, I got it right the first time around and was doing a victory dance in my kitchen. If you love this chili as much as I do, you’ll probably break into a little dance as well. No shame!
I’m actually a huge lover of chili in general. I have a few recipes I tend to swap around when my tummy cries for chili. Some of my top choices I have to suggest are my Game Day Chili, Creamy White Chicken Chili, Lone Star Texas Chili, and Weight Watchers Chili (for those health-focused days). If you’re not feeling chili on a cold night, you could always whip up one of my soup or stew recipes!
Get the latest scoop on all the recipes I'm whipping up in the kitchen by following along with All She Cooks on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. Also, don't forget to join my Facebook Group where you can share your favorite blogger recipes: Easy & Delicious Recipes.
How to Make Copycat Texas Roadhouse Chili
- Cook the onion and garlic in a skillet until the onion is translucent.
- Add the ground beef to the pan and brown.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (not the flour). Simmer for 35–40 minutes.
- Add the flour. Simmer until thickened. Garnish and enjoy!
Tips and Variations
- Storage - Store in a sealed container, in the fridge, for up to 5 days. Store in an airtight container, in the freezer, for up to 3 months.
- Reheating - Reheat using the microwave, stove, instant pot, or even slow cooker.
- Use other beans - The beans used in this copycat recipe are fitting for the original version of the recipe. However, you can use whatever beans you like or prefer.
- Make fresher ingredients - Instead of using canned ingredients, you could always make your own from scratch. This makes the recipe much healthier by reducing the sodium, processing, etc.
- Use other meat options - Swap out the beef for protein options such as ground turkey, chicken, sausage, or even chickpeas. You could always skip the meat altogether, reduce the liquid, and double the beans.
- Make it spicy - Add some crushed red pepper or even some diced jalapenos to the mix for a spicy kick. Other spicy peppers would do the trick as well.
- Toppings - Shredded cheese, sour cream, chives, crackers, and cornbread are all delicious topping or garnish ideas. Some fresh herbs never hurt either!
- Great for meal prep - This is easy to make large batches of and store for later use. It tastes great, even when reheated days or months later!
Copycat Texas Roadhouse Chili FAQs
Which Ground Beef is Best for Chili?
For a chili with a really full and rich flavor, you’ll want to use ground chuck that has a higher fat content. You’ll need to make the beef separately and drain it, but don’t rinse it with water, before mixing it with the rest of the ingredients. For a healthier option, you can use a low fat ground chuck and skip the need for having to drain. This will leave it lacking in flavor a bit, but you can always make up for that with some broth or herbs.
Does Texas Roadhouse Have Chili?
Yes, Texas Roadhouse has their own chili that’s offered on the menu. In other words, it’s not some hidden recipe and you don’t have to ask for it special. They’re actually well-known for their steaks, but also for their chili. It’s always been one of my favorite items on the menu to get each time I go. If you've never tried it, you should go and give it a try or make your own at home!
If you decided to give this Copycat Texas Roadhouse Chili Recipe a try, please let me know in the comments below or on social media!
Other Copycat Recipes You Might Like:
- Copycat Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles Recipe
- Copycat Panera French Onion Soup
- Copycat Cracker Barrel Hash Browns
- Copycat Popeyes Red Beans And Rice
- Red Lobster Copycat Cheddar Biscuits
Have you tried this recipe? Don't forget to Rate This Recipe below. While you're at it, share a picture on Instagram with #allshecooks so we can see how your recipe turned out!
Copycat Texas Roadhouse Chili Recipe
- 4 Pounds Ground Beef
- 2 Cans Crushed Tomatoes about 30 ounces
- 2 Cans Kidney Beans about 30 ounces
- 4 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 Onion diced
- 4 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon White Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- ½ Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat a dab of olive oil in a dutch oven. Add the garlic and onion and saute until onion is translucent, 2–3 minutes.
- Add the hamburger to the pot and brown thoroughly.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the flour and simmer over medium heat for about 35–40 minutes.
- Add the flour and let it cook for another 15 minutes or until it’s thickened up a bit more.
- Top with some diced jalapenos, sour cream, shredded cheese, or crushed crackers, and enjoy!