Salads are one of my favorite and easy go-to meals. They can be a side dish, or add in a protein to serve as a whole meal. This Doritos Taco Salad is the perfect all-in-one meal. Doritos Taco Salad is chock-full of zesty taco flavors, thanks to ingredients like:
- seasoned ground beef
- Monterey jack cheese
- kidney beans
- lettuce and tomatoes
- Doritos brand nacho cheese flavored tortilla chips
- creamy homemade dressing
Why You’ll Love Doritos Taco Salad
Although I love salads, sometimes they can get a little boring. But this salad is anything but boring! The addition of Doritos tortilla chips puts a spin on the traditional salad croutons and adds a zesty crunch! If you prefer more flavor and spice than the original Nacho Cheese Doritos, you can use Spicy Sweet Chili or Fiery Habanero Doritos!
And, the homemade dressing is the perfect accompaniment to the Doritos! Combining mayonnaise, ketchup, sriracha chili sauce, honey, vinegar, and paprika in a deliciously creamy blend that is full of flavor, but not overly spicy.
3 Tips For Making Doritos Taco Salad
Tip #1: The addition of Doritos to this salad brings the healthy level down a bit, but if you’re looking for a healthier version of the Doritos Taco Salad, try using ground turkey in place of the ground beef.
Tip #2: Love tons of veggies in your salads? This recipe is pretty versatile, so you can add in additional veggies of your choice to the whole bowl, or to individual servings.
Tip #3: Be sure to let the ground beef cool before adding it to the salad, otherwise the heat will cause your lettuce to wilt. And nobody likes wilted lettuce!
How to Make Doritos Taco Salad Step by Step
Step #1: Brown ground beef and mix in seasoning and water according to package instructions. Drain beef and refrigerate to cool.
Step #2: After the meat has cooled, mix together all of the salad ingredients in a very large bowl, reserving the Doritos for after the salad has been chilled.
Step #3: In a smaller bowl, blend the dressing. Pour over the salad, and mix again.
Step #4: Chill for a couple of hours.
Step #5: Top with crushed Doritos, toss, and serve. Enjoy!
More Salad Recipes Like Doritos Taco Salad
- Italian Salad Recipe with Homemade Italian Dressing pairs pepperonis, sweet red peppers, Mozzarella cheese, red onions and a homemade Italian dressing!
- Put a little Southwestern spin on dinner with this Chopped Chicken Chipotle Salad. Made with chopped chicken, corn, black beans and veggies mixed together and topped with a homemade chipotle dressing.
- Hearty Greek Salad is simple, healthy and so delicious!
- 1 pound ground beef, browned
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 14 ounce can kidney beans
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 4 cups crushed Doritos
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon sriracha chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Brown ground beef and mix in seasoning and water according to package instructions. Drain beef and refrigerate to cool.
- After the meat has cooled, mix together all of the salad ingredients in a very large bowl, reserving the Doritos for after the salad has been chilled.
- In a smaller bowl, blend the dressing. Pour over the salad and mix again.
- Chill for a couple of hours.
- Top with crushed Doritos, toss and serve.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Strawberry Poke Cake Recipe - 2019/05/13
- Animal Faces Toast Treats – Animal Toast is Fun for All Ages - 2019/05/09
- Avocado Chicken Salad Recipe Video - 2019/04/25