Greek Yogurt Flatbread is a homemade flatbread that is perfect to serve next to curry, use as a wrap, and more. This yogurt flatbread is really easy to use, light, fluffy, and so delicious.
Table of contents
- How to Make Greek Yogurt Flatbread
- Tips And Tricks
- Greek Yogurt Flatbread FAQs
I used some Italian seasoning to flavor my flatbread, but this recipe is a great to season to your liking. Even a garlic bread style flatbread would taste incredible.
This recipe is so basic but provides an incredible flatbread. Yogurt, flour, and a leavening agent are the most important ingredients in this homemade flatbread recipe.
This Greek Yogurt Flatbread is...
- Quick to Make
- Light And Fluffy
- Versatile on How You Flavor The Bread
- Pairs Well with Dinner
- Great for Dipping Hummus In
How to Make Greek Yogurt Flatbread
- In a bowl, mix all your dry ingredients.
- Now stir in the Greek Yogurt and mix well. Use your hands to knead the dough.
- Lay the dough on a floured surface and roll out small pieces of the dough.
- Then in a skillet, cook 1–2 flatbreads at a time until they begin to brown.
- Remove the flatbread and serve warm.
Tips And Tricks
Kneading Is Key
Make sure you knead the flatbread dough. This will help ensure the ingredients incorporate and that you get that light and tender texture of a flatbread.
Go right ahead and serve your bread warm. It will have the best flavor and texture when served fresh. It's great paired with curry, used as a dipper for homemade hummus, or as a mid-afternoon snack.
Measure Flour Properly
Make sure that when you go to measure the flour, you do it properly. Use a smaller spoon to scoop the flour into the measuring cup. Then reach for a butter knife to level it off. Scooping flour with the measuring cup itself packs the flour down too densely, leaving you with too much flour.
Swap Greek Yogurt
If you do not want to use Greek yogurt, you can reach for plain yogurt to swap it out. The Greek yogurt adds extra protein to the flatbread and nice flavor.
Here you can add any seasoning to your flatbread you would like. I loved the Italian seasoning, but you can easily swap it with garlic, simple salt, pepper, etc. Get creative and create a flavor combination you enjoy.
Greek Yogurt Flatbread FAQs
How to Store Greek Yogurt Flatbread?
You will need to allow your flatbread to cool down and then transfer it into a sealable bag or container. Then store and reheat for a fresh warm flavor, or eat without heating it back up.
Does Greek Yogurt Flatbread Need to Be Refrigerated?
You can store your flatbread on the counter at room temperature for up to two days. Or you can store it in the fridge and extend the life to 3–4 days.
Does Flatbread Freeze Well?
Go right ahead and freeze any flatbread you don't plan to eat. If you are freezing a handful, you can place a piece of wax paper in between each flatbread. Then freeze your bread for up to three months.
Thaw on the counter to room temperature or reheat.
Best Way To Reheat Flatbread?
Get a paper towel damp and then loosely wrap it around the flatbread. Heat for 20–30 seconds in the microwave until it is warmed all the way through. The paper towel will help keep the bread moist and not turn it rubbery in texture.
Greek Yogurt Flatbread
- 1 cup greek yogurt 0%, plain
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ baking powder
- 2 tsp dry Italian seasoning
- 1-2 tbsp oil
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- Add greek yogurt and mix well. Use your hands to knead it together, if you want.
- On a floured surface, roll out small rounds of the dough.
- Over medium heat, warm a skillet or griddle with oil.
- Cook 1–2 flatbreads at a time (depending on how large your skillet is) for approximately 1 minute on each side, or until it begins to brown.
- Remove and enjoy with a little butter, if desired.
Leave a Comment