Lemon Garlic Shrimp is an easy keto shrimp recipe that goes with just about any side of your choosing. Even if you don’t follow the keto diet, you’ll love the classic flavors of this dish. Best of all, you can get it on the table in less than 15 minutes.
If you’re not sure about what to make for dinner tonight, you’ve found your recipe. This Lemon Garlic Shrimp recipe is fresh, flavorful, and it takes almost no time at all to prepare. Plus, with fewer than three grams of carbs per serving, it’s an excellent recipe if you’re watching your carb count on the popular keto diet or a standard low carb diet.
(Not on the keto diet or a low carb diet? Don’t pass up this delicious Lemon Garlic Shrimp recipe! I’ve included a few side dish options later in this post to give you a meal that contains a balance of carbs, protein, and fat.)
The Perfect Keto Shrimp Recipe
Because the keto diet is a “low carb, high fat” diet, a lot of keto dieters tend to seek out high-fat sources of protein like beef, pork, and eggs. Those foods are an easy way to get in their fat requirements for the day, but they overlook protein options that are lighter in fat, such as shrimp.
While this recipe only contains about four grams of fat (even with the inclusion of butter in the ingredients list), you can easily increase the fat content of your meal by doing one of the following:
- Serve it with a sliced avocado
- Add additional butter, either during the sautéing process or after the shrimp is finished cooking
- Top it with a hefty serving of Parmesan cheese
There are a lot of delicious ways to increase the fat content of this recipe to make it the perfect keto shrimp. Serve it with low carb vegetables or a salad and you’re all set!
How to Serve Lemon Garlic Shrimp if You Don’t Follow the Keto Diet
If you’re not worried about your carb intake, Lemon Garlic Shrimp can be easily modified into a dish with a good balance of carbs, protein, and fat by serving it over brown rice, pasta, or quinoa.
Lemon Garlic Shrimp — A Healthy, Easy, and Quick Dinner Choice
No matter how you serve Lemon Garlic Shrimp, it’s definitely a healthy, easy, and quick dinner choice. How many healthy dinners can you get on the table in less than 15 minutes? It’s the perfect meal to make after a long day when you want a filling meal but you’re too tired to spend much time in the kitchen.
More Recipes You Will Enjoy
If you’re looking for more low carb recipes, try a few of these:
- Low Carb Portobello and Sausage Healthy Breakfast Muffin Recipe
- Low Carb Crockpot Recipes For Easy Holiday Cooking
- Low Carb Crepes
If you’re looking for more shrimp recipes, try a few of these:
- Stuffed Avocados Recipe with Pineapple and Shrimp
- Shrimp Bowl Recipe
- Copycat Bubba Gump Popcorn Shrimp
I hope you enjoy this recipe! One of my absolute favorite summertime meals is a backyard shrimp boil, so it probably comes as no surprise that Lemon Garlic Shrimp is another favorite of mine.Print
Keto Shrimp Recipe – Lemon Garlic Shrimp
Lemon Garlic Shrimp is the perfect keto shrimp recipe!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 to 7 minutes
- Total Time: 11 to 12 minutes
- Yield: 4
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon garlic, finely minced
1 pound jumbo shrimp (10/15 ct.), peeled, deveined, and tail removed
1 large organic lemon, zest and juice
1 tablespoon ground cumin
Salt and pepper, to taste
Fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a large skillet. Add garlic to the skillet and sauté for 1-2 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add shrimp to skillet. Cook shrimp for 4-5 minutes, or until shrimp begins to turn pink, while stirring occasionally.
- To the skillet, add lemon juice, lemon zest, and cumin. Combine thoroughly, and then season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- If desired, garnish with fresh chopped parsley leaves.
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Easy Green Bean Salad with Tomatoes and Feta - 2018/01/19
- Instant Pot Chicken Curry Recipe – Quick Dinner Ideas - 2018/01/16
- Maple and Balsamic Pork Chops - 2018/01/16