The first time I made no-churn ice cream I wasn’t sure it would work. I’d never made ice cream without an ice cream maker or a traditional ice cream base that had been cooked over the stove. But after making no-churn ice cream the first time, I’m a huge fan! It comes together so quickly, is creamy and delicious— a total crowd-pleaser! And this brightly colored No-Churn Blue Moon Ice Cream recipe is a perfect flavor blend of lemon, raspberry, and vanilla.
Surprisingly, you only need 2 ingredients to make no-churn ice cream. Simply combine whipped cream and sweetened condensed milk. With this simple ice cream base, you can add any flavors you like. There’s nothing quite like adding sweet fruits with tart lemons to create a refreshing ice cream that satisfies everyone. Adding bright blue food coloring to the mix makes it festive and fun, but is certainly not required.
What is Condensed Milk?
Condensed milk is cow’s milk that has had the water removed. After the water is removed, sugar is added and the thick sweet mixture is canned. Sweetened condensed milk can last for years without refrigeration and is a common ingredient in all kinds of desserts. Sometimes you will find it abbreviated as “SCM” in recipes. It’s important to remember that evaporated milk and sweetened condensed milk are not the same. Evaporated milk undergoes a much more complex process, and is not sweetened.
What Is Blue Moon Ice Cream?
If you’re from the Upper Midwest, you probably grew up enjoying scoops of Blue Moon at your neighborhood ice cream shop. For those who aren’t familiar with it, the Blue Moon flavor is often described as tasting similar to the milk that is left over after eating a bowl of a certain popular fruity breakfast cereal.
Once you make this No-Churn Blue Moon Ice Cream recipe at least once, feel free to take the base recipe and customize. Simply swap-in your favorite flavors, mix-in’s, and any number of toppings. Try adding chocolate chips, cherries, a swirl of caramel or even your favorite candy. Consider the no-churn ice cream base recipe as your jumping-off point to have fun and be creative! Or if you want a little more guidance, check out the following recipes for more tasty no-churn ice cream flavors.
More Recipes Like No-Churn Blue Moon Ice Cream
- Berry Pie No-Churn Ice Cream
- Double Chocolate Chunk No-Churn Ice Cream
- No-Churn Salted Caramel Pecan Ice Cream
How to Make No-Churn Blue Moon Ice Cream
With a mixer, beat heavy whipping cream until thick.
Next, pour in sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and other extracts and fold in until smooth.
Once mixed, add in food coloring and stir.
Next, pour ice cream into a freezer-safe container.
Finally, freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight.
When it is time to serve, remove from freezer and let sit on the counter to soften for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Check out all our other 18 Flavors of No-Churn Ice Cream!
- With a mixer, beat heavy whipping cream until thick.
- Pour in sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and other extracts and fold in until smooth.
- Add in food coloring and stir.
- Next, pour ice cream into a freezer safe container.
- Freeze for 5-6 hours or overnight. When it is time to serve, remove from freezer and let sit on the counter to soften for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- McCormick Lemon Pure, 1 PT
- Raspberry Red Extract 4 oz, 4 Ounce
- 12 Color Cake Food Coloring Liqua-Gel Decorating Baking Set - U.S. Cake Supply .75 fl. Oz. (20ml) Bottles Primary Popular Colors
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 418 Total Fat: 27g Saturated Fat: 17g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 90mg Sodium: 101mg Carbohydrates: 38g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 38g Protein: 7g
Latest posts by Jessica McCoy (see all)
- Strawberry Poke Cake Recipe - 2019/05/13
- Animal Faces Toast Treats – Animal Toast is Fun for All Ages - 2019/05/09
- Avocado Chicken Salad Recipe Video - 2019/04/25