This Chocolate Lasagna is a super simple no-bake, delicious dessert! With an Oreo crust and creamy chocolatey layers, it’s everything you want in a dessert!
Table of contents
Who doesn’t love a layered dessert? This one is stacked with all your favorites: Oreos, Cool Whip, pudding, and chocolate chips!
And it’s super simple to make too! All you do is mix together each layer separately, and then add them one by one to the pan.
And there’s no oven required! All you need is a hand mixer, spatula, and a fridge!
This chocolate lasagna recipe is…
- ready in 30 minutes
- a delicious no-bake dessert
Get the latest scoop on all the recipes I’m whipping up in the kitchen by following along with All She Cooks on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. Also, don’t forget to join my Facebook Group where you can share your favorite blogger recipes: Easy & Delicious Recipes.
How to Make Chocolate Lasagna
- Add the package of Oreos to a food processor. Crush the Oreos into fine crumbs.
- Add the cookie crumbs and the melted butter to a medium-sized bowl.
- Stir these together until they are well combined.
- Pour this mixture into a large baking dish, and use a spatula to evenly press the crumbs across the bottom of the dish.
- Then, put the cream cheese into a medium bowl and beat it with a hand mixer until it is fluffy.
- Add a small amount of milk and all the sugar and mix well.
- Next, add one container of Cool Whip to the cream cheese mixture and mix with a spoon or a spatula.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the top of the cookie crust, and put it into the fridge to set.
- The cream cheese will become more firm while it’s in the fridge, making it easier to add the next layer.
- In a large bowl, add the pudding mixes and the remaining milk, and beat on medium until the pudding begins to thicken.
- Spread the pudding mixture on top of the cream cheese layer.
- Put the pan back into the fridge to let it set again.
- Once the layers are set, gently spread the remainder of the Cool Whip over the pudding layer.
- Be careful not to mix the Cool Whip and the pudding layer.
- Cover the pan, and let it chill in the fridge, or in the freezer for less time.
- Once the chocolate lasagna is set, sprinkle it with chocolate chips, slice, and serve.
Scroll down for the full recipe with measurements and detailed instructions.
Tips & Tricks
This chocolate lasagna can be made up to 3 days in advance. Just keep it refrigerated!
Use a Spatula
You definitely want a spatula for this recipe. You’ll basically plop each layer on top of each other, but you need to smooth out each layer so that it’s pretty flat on top.
To get this perfect layer, I suggest using a silicon spatula. This will make it super simple to smooth out each layer of yummy goodness!
Speed up the Setting Process
Leave the pan in the fridge for 4 hours to set once you’ve added all the layers. If you want to speed this process up, just pop it into the freezer for just 1 hour, and it’s ready to eat!
Mint Chocolate Chip Lasagna
Switch it up and add a little mint flavor to your chocolate lasagna. You can do this by adding a couple drops of mint extract.
Before you add the top layer of Cool Whip to your chocolate lasagna, put it in a bowl and mix in a couple drops of mint extract. Use your spatula to mix this in carefully.
Then add your mint Cool Whip to the top of your chocolate lasagna and refrigerate it to set.
Have you tried this recipe? Don’t forget to Rate This Recipe below. While you’re at it, share a picture on Instagram with #allshecooks so we can see how your recipe turned out!
No Bake Chocolate Lasagna
- 1 package Oreos 36 regular cookies; do not remove cream centers
- 6 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1 8 oz cream cheese or neufchatel cheese softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 3/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 8 oz Cool Whip containers
- 2 3.9 oz instant chocolate pudding
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Add the pack of Oreos to a food processor, and crush into fine crumbs.
- In a medium bowl, pour in the cookie crumbs and melted butter. Stir well until combined.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 baking dish and use a spatula (or your hands) to evenly press the crumbs across the dish.
- In the same medium bowl, add the cream cheese and beat with a hand mixer until fluffy. Add in the 2 tbsp of milk and sugar and mix well.
- Add one of the 8 oz Cool Whip containers into the cream cheese mixture, and mix with a spoon or silicone spatula. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cookie crust, and put it into the fridge to set for 10 minutes. (Waiting the full 10 minutes makes the next steps much easier, as the cream cheese will be more firm, and the chocolate pudding mixture will spread more evenly without mixing together)
- While the cream cheese mixture is setting, in a large bowl, add the pudding mixes and 2 3/4 cups of milk and beat on medium speed until it starts to thicken.
- Spread the pudding mixture over the cream cheese layer. Put back into the fridge to set for another 10 minutes.
- Once set, gently spread the remaining 8 oz of Cool Whip over the pudding layer, being careful not to mix the two layers together.
- Cover and let chill for at least 4 hours in the fridge or 1 hour in the freezer.
- Once fully set, sprinkle with chocolate chips, and slice and serve.
- This can be made up to 3 days in advance (keep refrigerated).