These delicious homemade pumpkin patties are so easy and delicious! They're full of savory flavor that's perfect for Fall!
I love how recipes can bring you so close to memories, no matter how long ago they may be. Making these delicious pumpkin patties take me down memory lane to spending time in Puerto Rico, especially during the holiday season.
Since we moved to Florida, I started making homemade pumpkin patties myself to ease the cravings that reminded me so much of a place I once called home.
What are Pumpkin Patties?
Well, they are a fresh pumpkin fry-up with a touch of vanilla and cinnamon. They have a soft and mushy consistency that will delight everyone's palate!
The sweet smell of this simple and traditional pumpkin recipe will give your house a delicious scent too.
And the sweet but not too sweet flavor will make everyone want to eat more and more. Even the kids will love these, and it is a great way to get them to eat pumpkin.
They never disappoint. Enjoy my sweet friends!
More Pumpkin Recipes
And if you love these pumpkin patties, be sure to check out these other tasty ideas:
- After cooking the pumkin in boiling water with salt to taste, let it drain for about 30 minutes to remove as much water as possible.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, cinnamon, cloves and sugar.
- Then add the pumpkin, egg and vanilla.
- Mix until you have created a thick mass.
- Adjust the consistency of the mixture with flour if necessary.
- Test the taste and add more sugar if necessary.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees F.
- Take a spoonful of mixture and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- They should be tender