Make a homemade Wendy's Frosty at home in as little as 5 minutes! This is a chocolate ice cream treat that is creamy and bursting with sweet chocolate flavor. Learn how easy it is to make this copycat Wendy's Frosty recipe.
Skip the drive-thru and make your favorite ice cream dessert for your friends and family. The perfect summer dessert to cool down with. Also, check out these no churn ice cream recipes, for more sweet frozen desserts. I love a good copycat recipe, so try it out and let me know what you think.
This Copycat Wendy's Frosty Recipe Is...
- Frozen Dessert
- Easy to Make
- Ready in 5 Minutes
- Made with Vanilla Ice Cream
How to Make A Wendy's Frosty
Full recipe on how to make a Wendy's frosty is printed in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a quick walk through on this copycat recipe.
- In a blender you are going to add the whipping cream, milk, vanilla, and sugar.
- Next add in the ice cream, and chocolate syrup and mix until creamy.
- Pour in glasses and serve and enjoy.
Helpful Tips for Making Wendy's Frosty
High Speed Blender
Make sure to use a high speed blender to ensure that the frosty is ultra creamy. If you don't use a blender that has much power it can leave you a bit of a clumpy frosty.
Soften Ice Cream
Allowing your ice cream to soften for about 5 minutes will help to ensure the ice cream to become ultra creamy. You don't have to allow your ice cream to soften if your freezer doesn't leave the ice cream to hard.
Thickness Of Frosty
If you want to have a thicker frosty then you will use less liquid. Or of you want to make it thinner then add a splash more milk to the mixture when blending.
Variations for Wendy's Copycat Frosty
If you don't want to use a liquid chocolate syrup you can use a powder Nesquick instead. This will give you a very similar flavor.
If you want to make this a bit less sweet you can use a bit less granulated sugar. Go ahead and just as you would like in terms of sweetness of the shake.
Wendy's Copycat Frosty FAQs
What makes Wendy's Frosty so good?
Using real milk, cream and ice cream are what really make the frosty a stand out dessert. It really gives it an ultra creamy texture.
How do you make Wendy's vanilla Frosty?
Leave out the chocolate syrup and easily it transforms into a vanilla frosty. That is the only change you need to change in the recipe.
Can I make these in advance?
You can make a batch of this frosty recipe easily. Simply whip it up and then store in a freezer friendly container. The frosty will freeze very hard, so you will need allow time for the frosty to thaw for a bit.
The Perfect Copycat Wendy's Frosty
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of chocolate syrup
- 2 cups of vanilla ice cream
- In a blender, mix the cream, milk, vanilla and sugar.
- Add the ice cream and chocolate syrup.
- Blend until completely combined and smooth.
- If you prefer a firmer consistency, you can place the mixture in the freezer before serving until it firms un to your liking.
- This makes approximately 48oz total - or 4 12 oz Frostys.
Leave a Comment