Maple and Balsamic Pork Chops might sound fancy, but don't be deceived. This easy pork chops recipe requires only a few ingredients and can be made in 20 minutes or less.
Raise your hand if you find yourself looking for quick dinner recipes more often than you'd like. I know my hand is definitely raised right now! It's nice to think about creating elaborate, beautiful meals every night of the week, but if you're busy and have a to-do list a mile long like most of us, that's just not realistic.
Not surprisingly, most of us crave easy recipes just as much as we crave delicious food. We want to enter our kitchen after a long day, grab a few convenient ingredients from the fridge and pantry, and whip up a quick meal so we can eat dinner and try to find a few minutes to unwind.
I'm happy to report that these Maple and Balsamic Pork Chops definitely deliver. They take only 15 to 20 minutes to prepare (really!) and contain only six ingredients, most of which you probably have on hand already. Pork chops, extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, salt, and pepper. That's it!
How to Make Maple and Balsamic Pork Chops — A Fast and Easy Dinner Choice
Maple and Balsamic Pork Chops require only a few steps.
Step 1: Heat olive oil in a skillet, and then add the pork chops after seasoning them on both sides with salt and pepper to taste.
Step 2. Brown pork chops on both sides. This should take approximately 3 minutes per side. Remove pork chops from skillet and set aside.
Step 3. To the hot skillet, add maple syrup and balsamic vinegar. Bring the mixture to a boil while stirring constantly. Then, reduce heat and cook the mixture until it has reduced to about ⅓ of its original volume. It will be thick and syrupy.
Step 4. Return pork chops and their juices to the skillet, mix the juices into the syrup, and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
Step 5. Remove pork chops from the oven and serve. That's it!
You now have a fast, easy, and satisfying dinner ready to go. Add this one to your "quick dinner" list because you're sure to make it more than once!
Enjoy This Easy Pork Chops Recipe
This easy pork chops recipe sounds deceptively simple, but I promise none of the steps are tricky. It's truly as easy as it sounds! You'll be in and out of the kitchen in 20 minutes or less with a protein-packed main course that your whole family will love.
Pair Maple and Balsamic Pork Chops with the side dish of your choice for a complete meal. I highly recommend pairing it with Balsamic and Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts, which uses a maple syrup-balsamic vinegar reduction as a glaze to coat flavorful, oven-roasted Brussels sprouts.
Want More Easy Pork Chop Recipes?
If you're looking for a few more easy pork chop recipes, I have a few for you to check out:
- Easy Bone-In Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy
- Ranch Pork Chops
- Easy Pork Chops Recipe (you know this one's easy with a name like that!)
I hope you enjoy Maple and Balsamic Pork Chops!
Maple and Balsamic Pork Chops
- In a large, heavy-duty skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Season pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper to taste. Add to preheated skillet and brown pork chops on each side, which should take approximately 3 minutes per side.
- Remove pork chops from skillet and place in a rimmed dish.
- Combine maple syrup and balsamic vinegar in the hot skillet. Bring the mixture to a boil and stir constantly, and then reduce the heat to medium. Continue the stirring process until the mixture has reduced to about ⅓ of its original volume. It will be syrupy and thick. (Be careful not to overcook; it will become sticky.)
- Return pork chops and their juices to the skillet. Mix juices into the syrup and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer pork chops to a serving platter or individual plate and serve with the side of your choice.