This irresistible corn chip casserole is loaded with hearty homemade chili, sharp cheddar cheese, and a crunchy corn chip topping. Yum!
There's something so much fun about an old fashioned corn chip casserole.
What is a corn chip casserole, you say? Well, my oh my, have you been missing out on one of the finer things in life. 😉
Ok, maybe not exactly the finer things. We are talking about corn chips after all. But still pretty tasty.
This casserole is exactly what it sounds like - it's a simple one pot chili casserole topped with crunchy corn chips. And it's delicious. And your kids will eat it. Because it's like having a snack for dinner.
This Chili Corn Chip Casserole is:
- Filling and tasty.
- Topped with satisfyingly crunchy corn chips.
- Super easy to make in a single pan.
- A frugal (ahem.. cheap) dinner idea.
- Fun for kids and kids at heart!
Tips & Tricks
Corn Chips. You are looking for this type of corn chip. Remember those from your childhood? They're still just as good
Make your favorite chili. I mixed up a very simple beef and bean chili chili for this corn chip casserole. But you can feel free to use your own favorite chili as a base. Here are my favorite chili recipes for some inspiration!
Toppings. I topped my corn chip casserole with some shredded cheese and black olives. But you can add as many toppings as you like. Sliced jalapeno peppers, fresh cilantro, or a dollop of sour cream (for serving) are all good choices.
More Tasty Ideas
If you love this corn chip casserole, be sure to check out these other delicious recipes:
Chili Corn Chip Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Brown beef over medium-high heat in an oven-safe skillet. Add in the onion, chili seasoning, tomato paste and water. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- To use one dish, move ½ of the chili mixture over to the side of pan (or scoop out into a bowl) and add ½ of the corn chips, ½ of the beans and ½ of the olives and cheese on top of the half of the chili mixture left in the pan. Next, top that layer with the remaining ½ of the chili mixture. Add the remaining beans and olives. Top with remaining 2 cups of corn chips, and then the remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover, and then bake for an additional 10 minutes.