Whip up this easy Everything Bagel chicken for dinner tonight. Crispy breaded chicken that is dredged in flour and panko breadcrumbs paired with Everything But The Bagel Seasoning. A baked chicken that is crispy, juicy, and flavorful.
What I love about this drumstick recipe is it takes just 5 ingredients to make. Throw it together in minutes and the oven will handle the rest. A simple dinner that is budget friendly.
If you are a fan of chicken you have to try my easy marinated chicken recipe as well. It is baked in the oven for a simple hands-free busy weeknight dinner idea.
This Everything Bagel Chicken Recipe Is....
- Quick and Easy
- Crunchy Crust
- Baked not Fried
- Family Friendly
How to Make Everything Bagel Chicken
Full directions for this everything bagel chicken is in the printable recipe card. This is a visual walk through on how it is made.
- Preheat your oven as directed, and grease your 8x8 pan.
- In a bowl you will add flour in a small dish. Then add milk in another, and bread crumbs in another bowl.
- Stir the bagel seasoning in with the flour.
- Dip chicken in the milk, then flour, then buttermilk, then breadcrumbs.
- Place in pan and bake as directed.
Helpful Tips for Making Everything Bagel Chicken
Cuts of Chicken
You can use any cut of chicken for this recipe. You will bread and dredge the same way, and place on a baking dish. Then bake as directed until the chicken is fully cooked.
I recommend using a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken. Make sure if you are using bone in chicken that you do not touch the bone when checking internal temperature. The bone is hotter so it will provide a false reading.
Chicken is done when the internal temperature is 165 degrees F. Depending on the size of you pieces of chicken the cook time can vary a bit. So use the cooking guide as a rough estimate.
Variations To Everything Bagel Chicken Recipe
Instead of using bread crumbs you can crush up pork rinds in replace to help lighten the carbs of this chicken. I recommend using plain pork rinds for dipping chicken in.
Gluten Free Flour
If you can't have gluten you can easily swap it out with a gluten free blend of flour. The texture will be slightly different but should taste similar.
You do not have to season your chicken with the Everything seasoning if you don't want. Simply swap with salt, pepper, and a little garlic powder. Or do a Cajun seasoning for a twist, etc.
Everything Bagel Chicken FAQs
Can I double this recipe?
Yes, this chicken recipe will double if you would like. Just reach for a larger pan to hold all the chicken on it. Line with parchment paper or spray cooking oil to prevent the chicken from sticking to the pan.
Best way to reheat crispy chicken?
You can warm your chicken in the microwave but it will make it a bit soft in texture. Or you can bake in the oven until warmed through for a crunchy component. This works in an air fryer as well.
Why is my chicken coating pale in color?
If you find your chicken isn't becoming golden, you can spritz with a little oil and it will give it a golden color to the coating of the chicken.
Everything Bagel Chicken
- 4-6 pcs Chicken drumsticks
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup flour
- ¾ cups Panko-style bread crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon Everything But the Bagel seasoning or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease a 8” x 8” casserole dish and set aside.
- Place the flour in a shallow dish, the milk in a shallow dish and the breadcrumbs in a shallow dish.
- Stir the EBTB seasoning into the flour.
- Fully saturate the chicken in the buttermilk, then dredge in the seasoned flour, back in the buttermilk, and then finally dredge in the breadcrumbs.
- Place each breaded chicken drumstick in the prepared casserole dish and repeat with all drumsticks.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until drumsticks reach an internal temperature of 165F.
- Can make with any cut of chicken, not just drumsticks!
Leave a Comment