Creamy Red Potato Salad with Fresh Herbs
If you’re looking for party food recipes, you’ll really want to try this easy Red Potato Salad recipe–it’s so tasty! Party potatoes recipes aren’t a dime a dozen…meaning you definitely want to grab on to the good recipes when you can snag them.
You’ll find potato recipes with all types of potatoes, including amazing salad recipes and other recipes for food to bring to a party.
But really, nothing says “picnic” like potato salad. Fresh herbs add a lot of flavor to this creamy version that comes together in just a few minutes.
For best results, make this dish a day in advance so the flavors have a chance to fully mingle. Seriously, the melding of flavors makes the dish!
Looking for more food to bring to a party?
Check out these recipes:
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad Recipe
- Orzo Pasta Salad
- Broccoli Pasta Salad
- Best Recipe Cauliflower Kale Salad
- Salsa Verde Mexican Pasta Salad
The seasonings in this potato salad recipe make it the perfect side to serve at your next party or BBQ!
Don’t forget to check out our other party food recipes.
Best Easy Red Potato Salad Recipe - Party Food Recipes
- 3 pounds red potatoes washed, dried, and cut into quarters
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 medium shallot outer skin removed and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ cup fresh dill chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place cut potatoes in a large microwave-safe dish and add 2 tablespoons water. Cover and microwave for 2-3 minutes or until fork tender. (Cooking time will vary by microwave, so check after 2 minutes. Potatoes should be tender enough to split with a fork, but still firm).
- Remove potatoes from dish and spread out in a single layer on a baking sheet to dry. Blot gently with a paper towel, if needed.
- In a small glass bowl, add mayonnaise, yogurt, shallot, mustard and fresh herbs. Stir to combine thoroughly. Add potatoes to a separate bowl and gradually add mayonnaise mixture and toss to coat. (Don’t add all of the mayonnaise mixture at once in case you decide you want less on your potato salad). Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 1-2 days.